• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please enable "blind" vsync correction with DXVA1

Jong

James, sorry if you see this as pestering, but I do not want to clutter up the support thread (as this is clearly an enhancement) and I am not sure you are monitoring my "video stuff" thread!

If at all possible could we please have "blind" (no OSD) vsync correction with DXVA1?

I have read in one of your posts that you think vsync correction should not be needed with DXVA, but this is definitely not right.

I have also read another post of yours, that it is not possible to spot DXVA mode with EVR, which is presumably why vsync correction is able to be turned on when using EVR (and definitely works).

So unless there is a reason why it is possible to enable vsync correction in DXVA2, but not in DXVA1, please allow it in both, obviously without OSD. I do believe this will solve synchronous frame rate/refresh rate judder when using PowerDVD on XP. It will also enable DXVA accelerated H.264 with vsync correction in MPC-HC.

Thanks.

So unless there is a reason why it is possible to enable vsync correction in DXVA2
This is actually a bug (that you can enable it). I'm surprised it works at all. ;)

Thanks. Believe me, for DXVA2 it works!

Last edited:
vsync for dxca

I second this and also want to bring the "presets vsync positions" back on the table (maybe 4)... so its easier to adjust it blindly! In general vsync correction should work even better in DXVA mode as CPU usage is low - more room for the judder free positions.....

I'll add a registry hack so you can enable it for testing.

If it works it would be good to be able to turn on/off vsync by player, with maybe a preset position for each player - just an extra drop down menu on the advanced settings screen for each player, along with the load conditions, with "off" and "0-100".

If Beliyaal gets his new build of MPC-HC working well it might offer very very stable (almost jitter free) and vsync corrected playback, so we may want to turn off Reclock's correction. But we might need it in other players (PDVD?)

But, first things first, let's get the rough registry hack ASAP so we can do some testing! If it fixes vsync in PDVD on XP it will be cool.

I can confirm that Reclock's vsync correction works under EVR with DXVA2. You can always tune it without DXVA at first, this is how I adjusted mine at the middle, give me perfect stutter free playback.

Yeah, from my testing I think that will work for me too.

Just hope it works with PDVD Blu-ray on XP. From how it behaves I am hopeful, but we will see.

If it works it would be good to be able to turn on/off vsync by player, with maybe a preset position for each player - just an extra drop down menu on the advanced settings screen for each player, along with the load conditions, with "off" and "0-100".
Ha, ha. ;)

You can create little .cmd files to start your reclock/player combination. (I used this system for years to even switch refresh rate & player deinterlacing option)

e.g. PowerDVDSettings.reg contains all ReClock registry settings you like for PowerDVD playback:

Code:
start /w regedit.exe /s PowerDVDSettings.reg 
start /w PowerDVD

please note this: reclock 'vsych work with evr but only if Aero is enabled without it does not work.

Ha, ha. ;)

You can create little .cmd files to start your reclock/player combination. (I used this system for years to even switch refresh rate & player deinterlacing option)

Yes, this is very handy. Instead of using direct .CMD and .REG files, however, I find AutoHotKey a very effective alternative.

Ha, ha. ;)

e.g. PowerDVDSettings.reg contains all ReClock registry settings you like for PowerDVD playback:

Code:
start /w regedit.exe /s PowerDVDSettings.reg 
start /w PowerDVD
Yeah, good tip.

please note this: reclock 'vsych work with evr but only if Aero is enabled without it does not work.

Not sure about that, but I don't use plain EVR anyway, I use EVR with Custom Allocator as implemented in MPC-HC. That implementation has no vsync support on its own, allowing Reclock to take over.

Not sure about that, but I don't use plain EVR anyway, I use EVR with Custom Allocator as implemented in MPC-HC. That implementation has no vsync support on its own, allowing Reclock to take over.
For anyone else reading this. Using Reclock vsync when the player is also doing vsync is definitely a bad idea. If Reclock's target and the player's are different it causes "rolling" sync, the speed of which depends on the difference in the targets and which judders on each "loop".

As for when vsync is applied by the player, it is no where near as easy as has sometimes been suggested here and elsewhere. EVR and EVR CP in MPC-HC differ in whether they apply vsync. Similarly, on XP VMR9(renderless) with VMR Mixer in MPC-HC does vsync (but tears,for me at least), but in D3D mode or without VMR Mixer it does not! And the Beliyaal MPC builds are different again. I am sure it is also true for other players. The only way to know for sure is to put up the Reclock vsync indicator and see what happens when you play/pause. Or, have a good panning scene you know well and look very closely (as will be needed to check PDVD in DXVA mode).

Last edited:
I'll add a registry hack so you can enable it for testing.
James, have you hit a roadblock, or is it just taking a little time? Ready and waiting to test here! :)

And

And as my Grandmother used to say " patience is its own reward because no one pays you for it."

Back