• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PlayStation 2

pacific dr

I was told that I could use clonecd to copy play station 2 games. Is that right ? Is so, what am I doing wrong ?
I have downloaded Anydvd & clonecd and used clonecd.
My burner is st 380013as scsi disc device.
I used verbatim-dvd.
A number of files show that they have been copied to the dvd, but it will not work in the game player.
I was also told I could use dvddecryptor, with the same results.
Any ideas ?

do you have some sort of mod on your PS2? this is the only way to play backup's on your PS2. You can also use Swap Magic to play backups.If you don't have either of these 2 then it will not work.

Thanks poolshark2014

Pardon my ignorance, but you asked if I had a mod on the player--what is a mod & how would I know if I had one?
I am trying to do this copying for my grandson. I obviously know nothing about play station, although I do copy movies on a regular basis.

Pardon my ignorance, but you asked if I had a mod on the player--what is a mod & how would I know if I had one?
I am trying to do this copying for my grandson. I obviously know nothing about play station, although I do copy movies on a regular basis.
You have to alter the Playstation 2 console to be able to play the games, do a "google" on "Slide cards" or "Mod chips" for PS2 and you find your answers.

Copying PS2 games

Hi - My PS2 is chipped and can play copied games. I bought the CloneCD so that I could copy my own games. Tried to copy Ape Escape 3. Saved it to the hard drive no problem. Then I find that none of the blank disks I have are big enough (it seems) to write the software to. Is there a special DVD disk that I must get? I've got a TDK 4.7 GB re/writable disk, but it it immediately rejected. I've tried DVD- and DVD+.

Any suggestions on which/what DVD I must use?

Could really use the help.

Thanks
Nick

well my first suggestion is that you get quality media and burn at 4x.By quality media I mean Verbatim or Sony (made in Japan).You can also use Maxell but only if it is made in Japan.How big is the Ape Escape file? If it is bigger than 4.7 gb's then that is your problem. If you know how you might want to use IsoBuster to trim down the size of the file a little.

Memorex

this is my first time trying to do playstation 2 games. been doing movies about a year now. i am using clonecd. i got memorex black cd-r for burning games but the disk will not hold it all. i tryed using memorex dvd + r rw and it went on with no trouble. waiting for the piece to come in to put in my playstation for it to work. i would like to know if memorex dvd + r rw is alright to use or should i use something other than that. i would like to put the games on dvd.
thanks mr bill

If you use RW discs they can only hold a max of 4.32 GB's of data. If you use a -R disc to burn they can hold a max of 4.38 GB's a difference of 6 MB's of data.If you have a game that you ripped and the file is 4.35 or more,you will not be able to burn that onto a RW disc because it doesn't hold enough data.Now if you burn it onto a -R disc then you can burn any file just as long as it doesn't go over 4.38 GB's. Hope that helps.

Copying PS2 games

Hi - My PS2 is chipped and can play copied games. I bought the CloneCD so that I could copy my own games. Tried to copy Ape Escape 3. Saved it to the hard drive no problem. Then I find that none of the blank disks I have are big enough (it seems) to write the software to. Is there a special DVD disk that I must get? I've got a TDK 4.7 GB re/writable disk, but it it immediately rejected. I've tried DVD- and DVD+.

Any suggestions on which/what DVD I must use?

Could really use the help.

Thanks
Nick

As far as i remember APE ESCAPE 3 is only 1-2 gigs at most so should easly fit on a single layer DVD

clonecd vs. clone dvd

Does it matter if you use clone cd or clone dvd to copy ps2 games. clonecd seems pretty basic but i'm not quite sure exactly how to use clonedvd. any help/suggestions?

I modded my sons PS2 with a DMS4 Pro and flashed it with the toxic OS from the team toxic website. The PS2 has to be taken apart and soldered in. The solder points are tiny but it can be done. It works good but i waisted a lot of disk because the PS2 is pretty picky about the brand. The best i have found is sony brand or verbatim. The DMS4 Pro also allows you to connect an external harddrive which the games can be loaded from if your grandson is as rough on the games as my youngest one. A little tip the older games that are black or purple on the burning side of the disk is a CD game and the ones that are silver are DVD. Clone CD is the best i have found at making backups of anything including PS2 games. Slysoft is definately top of the pile.

What is so special?

I understand that you have to mod the ps2 to play backups. Why is it that the copying software can't make a true copy of the disk? What is it missing when it makes a copy that the gaming system senses that it's a copy and not the real thing?

Why wouldn't they use this same technology in commercial DVD's to prevent copying?

Thanks in advance, I just only find answers on how to backup, not why you must have a mod chip.

I understand that you have to mod the ps2 to play backups. Why is it that the copying software can't make a true copy of the disk? What is it missing when it makes a copy that the gaming system senses that it's a copy and not the real thing?

Why wouldn't they use this same technology in commercial DVD's to prevent copying?

Thanks in advance, I just only find answers on how to backup, not why you must have a mod chip.
Very good question. I was about to post that myself.

For commercial PC games, generally speaking, you can not make 1:1 copies without emulation (which is what Game Jackal is for).

You will need a mod chip for the PS2. Period

He also asked why the copying software can't make an identical copy so that the PS2 can't tell it's not legit. And if so, why couldn't this be done in DVDs? You didn't answer why, lol.

He also asked why the copying software can't make an identical copy so that the PS2 can't tell it's not legit.

No program can. I'm too busy to get into a lengthy discussion about why (but suffice it to say you can't create 1:1 copies of most 7.x securerom nor starforce protected dvd games either). The "why" turns into a technical discussion about copyprotections, which I'm not interested in getting involved in (I'm too busy).

No program can. I'm too busy to get into a lengthy discussion about why (but suffice it to say you can't create 1:1 copies of most 7.x securerom nor starforce protected dvd games either). The "why" turns into a technical discussion about copyprotections, which I'm not interested in getting involved in (I'm too busy).
This cannot be done on commercial DVDs?

Back