• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PlayStation 2

What cannot be done? You cannot create 1:1 copies of securom 7.x protected dvd games, for example, that do not require some kind of emulation.
Then why can't you use securom on commercial DVDs to protect them from being copied 1:1?

So why can't you use emulation to beat it, then copy the PS2 game to make an exact 1:1 copy?

Securom is not on the Playstation discs ; the playstation is not PC complaint without some sort of PS2 emulator; the mod chip is required (or some sort of PS2 boot disc). End of story

You're asking about dvd movies, pc games, and playstation 2 games. None of them are similar

dvd movies cant have evolving forms of protection as much as games. they must be backwards compatible with existing standalone players without a firmware update.

with a computer the protections can be updated easily with each new game or game update, while most people will never touch anything firmware wise with their standalone dvd player.

i know at least with the xbox the discs are burned backwards (out> in instead of the opposite) and i also believe they are in a completely different filesystem. that is why they cannot be copied. i would guess that the ps2 has something simmilar that the pc dvd drives cannot read or access, though the main data is there.

Back