• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing mounted HD ISOs ?

bingobill

Anyone else here tried this ?

As an experiment I ripped just 1 movie as an ISO (Stargate, BD, mpeg2).

Virtual clone drive wouldn't allow the ISO to play at all.

Daemontools and Nero's thing allows the ISO to be played but the video is a choppy.

Am I asking too much of these virtual drives ?

Anyone else tried this ?

The HDD doesn't have the required data transfer rate, maybe?

The HDD doesn't have the required data transfer rate, maybe?

i would always try something like VLC first, seems powerdvd has a little overhead...large bandwidth files play fine via VLC and seem always to bog down in commercial players

Think you guys may of mis-understood what I mean.

Firstly I have no problems Playing HD DVD or Blu-ray from the HDD when ripped into the usual folders and playing with Pdvd.

I prefer to play my normal DVDs by ripping them to .iso files using for eg. Virtual clone drive to mount them as a virtual drive. I have a nice .iso front end which just requires me to select the .iso, it then mounts it and Pdvd starts playing it, which is very simple when using just the remote.

Basicically i want to do the same with HD DVD and BD ISOs, it just seems none of these virtul drive utils is able to supply the data fast enough for smooth playback.

Back