• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing ISO files from NAS on my Samsung Smart TV

jblohm18

I have ripped several dvd's to iso using AnyDVD and then saved all of them to my NAS device. From here, I can play them using any of my laptops with AnyDVD installed on them.

I want to be able to play these movies directly from my smart TV. What is the quickest way for me to accomplish this? Can I do some type of conversion of the ISO files? Or do I need to dig the DVD's back out of the basement and re-rip them using another program?

I haven't purchased a licensed version of AnyDVD yet because I'm not sure if it is what I need. I am not opposed to purchasing though, I just want to be clear on what I need and that it will actually work before I do.

Please advise,

Jeremy

You'll need anydvd regardless if you wish to continue ripping the disc. Anydvd is needed to strip the protections. What the conversion is concerned, that is not an anydvd issue. Anydvd only decrypts / rips. Anything else has nothing to do with anydvd. The people in the "third party software" will probably be able to help you more.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

I understand about what AnyDVD's role is - but I used to to create ISO files which I can watch on my computers.

I'm specifically asking: Can I use the ISO files that I created using AnyDVD to convert to another format (avi, mp4, etc), or do I have to get the discs back out and re-do the ripping process?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Just convert

There are lots of converters available, some for free. Take a look in google

convert iso to avi

Or mount the iso to our free Virtual CloneDrive and then use CloneDVD mobile to process/author the content into the generic DivX/AVI format..

But before you go do any of that i would check the TV manual about what file types and specifications of them are supported by the TV for playback. It's no use converting to a certain format in advance only to find out afterwards that the TV can't play it. Perhaps if you're lucky the TV will support ISO playback and you won't have to rerip or convert. ( though i doubt it will read ISOs)

Basic formats must work

Any "smart" TV that does not at least support a stone-age format like AVI does not deserve the name "smart"

http://www.samsung.com/au/tv/faq.html as an example shows a lot of portable formats that many hand-helds can use too so it is pretty generic.

The TV supports several common formats, but ISO is unfortunately not one of them. I'll look for an ISO to AVI converter and try one conversion and report back later today.

Thanks!

JJB

Conversion required

I don't recall saying your "smart" TV would play ISOs. :confused:

You will have to convert using a free tool or take CloneDVD mobile and process from a mounted ISO to AVI/DivX.

As frank said you'll have to mount the ISO and use a converter. You can't convert an ISO to aviation directly. ISO is a file container that holds the content, avi is a container too but of the type that IS the content itself. 2 different things.

I don't recall saying your "smart" TV would play ISOs. :confused:

You will have to convert using a free tool or take CloneDVD mobile and process from a mounted ISO to AVI/DivX.

No, I wasn't implying that you did say that. But my original question was simply "How do I play these ISO's on my TV".

JJB

Fine

And the answer was to convert your ISOs to AVI or for that matter whatever the User's Guide for your smart TV allows for video format. Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be ;)

Back