• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing hd dvd across network?

rcoe

I have ripped a couple hd dvd's and bluray's now and have them on my htpc.

I am having problem playing the hd dvd's across my gigabit network. The bluray's play fine, but everytime I try and play a hddvd I get FSE_failed. failed to open the file. Using file "".

They play fine on the htpc I have them on, I just cannot play them across the network. If I transfer them back to a local drive I can play them.

What am I missing?

I am having the same problem with a few Blu-ray movies. POTC1 as one example. it plays fine from the local internal harddrive but over the network it starts to load then freezes. The disc in the blu-ray drive also plays fine.

Found the solution.

You just need to map the network drive as a local drive. Now everything plays great over my network.

Back