• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing Blu-Ray Movies with DTS MA 7.1

jdohn2002

Anyone else notice this while playing a movie that says it has DTS-HD MA 7.1?
In PowerDVD Ultra versions 33196a and 3730d the information window shows the audio as DTS-HD 5.1 when it should be 7.1

I noticed this on The Orphanage, The Golden Compass, and Shoot Em' Up.

Because PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra doth not support 7.1. PowerDVD 8 Ultra does.

I can play blu-ray discs with PCM 7.1 (3:10 To Yuma, Waiting, Good Luck Chuck) with no problems though. So it must not support DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO higher than 5.1
I might just have to upgrade to version 8 then.

I can play blu-ray discs with PCM 7.1 (3:10 To Yuma, Waiting, Good Luck Chuck) with no problems though. So it must not support DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO higher than 5.1
I might just have to upgrade to version 8 then.

Yes that's correct. It only has a max of 5.1 for DTS-HD MA because it can only play the DTS core. PDVD8 will fix that.

Didn't someone figure out to "port" the 7.1 decoder capabilities of 8 into 7.3, or did I misunderstand the post?

Didn't someone figure out to "port" the 7.1 decoder capabilities of 8 into 7.3, or did I misunderstand the post?
Yup. I did. Just copy the CL_DShowX.ini from the 8 folder to the 7.3 folder and comment out the HDDVD_NavX line.

Back