• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

playing a ripped blueray disc

KimHenriksen

Hi, I have ripped one of my blueray discs with anyDVD HD to my hard disk, I want to play the movie/the file with my powerDVD ultra, but I can´t get it to work. I have tried making an ISO of the file with Imgburn but there is a 4 GB limit and the file is 42 GB, is it only one file I have to make to an ISO file?? and if so, what file?

4 gig limit? Are you using Windows 98 ? Can your PC actually support playback of BD?

Under the options tab in ImgBurn change the file system to "UDF 2.5"

How to simply play ripped blueray discs

I know this is an old post but thought my experience may help someone and save time.

I've been searching the forums and internet for a while now and have also tried PowerDVD v7 on a ripped Bluray using AnyDVDHD. In short it worked but just played all the MTS files in sequence. The simple solution I have found is as follows:-

1) Rip Bluray DVD to Hard drive with AnyDVD
2) Install VLC v1.11.1 from Sourceforge Open Source software project from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
3) Open VLC
4) Drag and drop the whole of the ripped DVD folder onto the VLC screen and it will automatically start playing the movie, it just seems to figure it out, no need to work out which mts files to play. No anoying menus, long intros etc, just straight into the movie.

I know this is an old post but thought my experience may help someone and save time.

I've been searching the forums and internet for a while now and have also tried PowerDVD v7 on a ripped Bluray using AnyDVDHD. In short it worked but just played all the MTS files in sequence. The simple solution I have found is as follows:-

1) Rip Bluray DVD to Hard drive with AnyDVD
2) Install VLC v1.11.1 from Sourceforge Open Source software project from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
3) Open VLC
4) Drag and drop the whole of the ripped DVD folder onto the VLC screen and it will automatically start playing the movie
, it just seems to figure it out, no need to work out which mts files to play. No anoying menus, long intros etc, just straight into the movie.

You can combine steps 3 and 4 by right-clicking the main folder you ripped to or the VIDEO_TS folder, and selecting "Play with VLC media player".

That's always assuming VLC picks up on the correct playlist for the movie. If it's seamless branching this method doesn't guarantee you'll get the correct version of the movie

Thanks for posting about VLC, but it jumps to a certain m2ts file. Is there any software that will play a ripped Blu-ray with ALL the menus?

not that's free, you'd have to use PowerDVD, Total media theatre or WinDVD

not that's free, you'd have to use PowerDVD, Total media theatre or WinDVD

Thank you.

Well, with PowerDVD 8, I found I have to drag the blu-ray folder onto it and it will start to play, but it just shows the menu background without the menu links. No good.

PowerDVD 10 will not play ripped BDs at all. I contacted CyberLink and they told me the movie companies will not allow it. It does play the individul M2TS files, but not the menu.

The version of PowerDVD 7.3 that I have is corrupted and I had to restore my computer from a system image after trying to install that.

I downloaded the trial version of WinDVD Pro 11 (which is fully functional for 30 days), and when I try to open the BD folder, it gives me "Media Not Supported".

I have an OEM version of TotalMedia 3.5 that came with a USB tuner. That won't play M2TS files at all.

I have an OEM version of TotalMedia Extreme that came with a Hauupauge recorder, and it tells me my graphics card won't allow overlays.

I didn't try the new version of TotalMedia Theater 5. It costs $100 and I doubt if it would work. Has anybody tried that to play ripped BDs?

So I am stuck. I can't find anything that will play a ripped BD folder like a burned BD, with all the menus.

Both PowerDVD 11 and Total media theater 3 and 5 will play Blu-ray from folder. You can download a trial version of TMT 5 and if you check the 3rd party software forum on here you'll often see money off codes for it

Finally! Thank you very much, Adbear! TMT 5 does work beautifully! Thanks also for the heads-up on the coupon codes. I hope someone will post a current code. I am trying to archive many of my DVDs and blu-rays on external drives.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Ch3vr0n! With my 50% discount for upgrade, and "SOFTTMT5", I actually got it for free. Wow! Christmas 1 month later!

Back