• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Player with menus?

ocd

I think PowerDVD is the only official UHD player, no?

I know it normally requires SGX for 4K UHD playback, but does it still require SGX for 4K UHD playback when AnyDVD is running, or could I use an AMD computer for unprotected UHD without downscaling?

I think PowerDVD is the only official UHD player, no?

I know it normally requires SGX for 4K UHD playback, but does it still require SGX for 4K UHD playback when AnyDVD is running, or could I use an AMD computer for unprotected UHD without downscaling?
Yes, no & yes. But I haven't tested an "AMD computer". Just Intel without SGX & Nvidia.

Wow, that's another great selling point for AnyDVD! Now I don't need to buy another computer or video card just for SGX.

Wow, that's another great selling point for AnyDVD! Now I don't need to buy another computer or video card just for SGX.

I just wanted to mention that as of PDVD 20, an Intel GPU is no longer required to play UHD's if you have AnyDVD -- but regardless PDVD doesn't seem to tone-map from HDR to SDR (if you don't have an HDR display) without an Intel GPU.

T

I just wanted to mention that as of PDVD 20, an Intel GPU is no longer required to play UHD's if you have AnyDVD -- but regardless PDVD doesn't seem to tone-map from HDR to SDR (if you don't have an HDR display) without an Intel GPU.
Does ist tone map *with* an Intel GPU?

Does ist tone map *with* an Intel GPU?

LOL! Hope I'm using the right term...

If tone-map means that it shifts the HDR picture so that it's watchable in SDR, looking like a "well-done Blu-Ray", then yes.

That's why I was so surprised that using PDVD 20 on my nVidia PC, it looked great on the 4k TV (big ups!), but when I try to watch on the SDR monitor, the video is so dark you can't see anything!

PDVD 20 on the Intel looks good on both the 4K TV and the SDR monitor.

T

Or ditch PowerDVD and use something like JRiver MC with LAV filters and madvr and get the best tone mapping for both HDR and HDR->SDR. With menus.

Or ditch PowerDVD and use something like JRiver MC with LAV filters and madvr and get the best tone mapping for both HDR and HDR->SDR. With menus.

Definitely a good alternative.

In fact, that's exactly what I use on the nVidia PC. :=)

T

Does JRiver support menus?

Does JRiver support menus?

It does but, at least in my setup, not as reliably as PDVD.

Does pretty well with mainstream releases but sometimes struggles with UHD titles that are "off the beaten path".

If it can't generate the Menu it directly plays the main movie.

T

Back