• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Player Software for HD DVD movies? NOT CYBERLINK!

You should be able to download a jpeg here. That's the tab which has all the video hardware settings. The topmost tickbox enables/disables video acceleration. I don't know what the other three tickboxes do, but I'm fairly certain they have something to do with video as well.

Assuming it is the same as the english version:
Hardware Acceleration:
<tickbox> Enable hardware acceleration

Screen:
<tickbox> Play automaticly in full screen
<tickbox> Always on top
<tickbox> Keep aspect ratio​
F

Well folks, turns out I was wrong, and good thing too!

Digital Theatre 2 is not based on WinDVD after all. That's good news, right? The bad news is that at the moment it doesn't have proper ATI UVD acceleration support in place. Nvidia is fully supported, however.

Digital Theatre 2 is not based on WinDVD after all. That's good news, right? The bad news is that at the moment it doesn't have proper ATI UVD acceleration support in place. Nvidia is fully supported, however.

Correction, it DOES support ATI UVD but only for blu-ray and HD-DVD playback. I'l using with a HD2600

F

Anyone any idea on an English release date for this. I keep mailing them I keep adding a meesage to their forums but no one ever gets back to me, and thats never a good sign.

Anyone have any email address of people out at ArcSoft who actually do reply ?

Thanks
Keith

Interesting. I want an english trial of this thing. I'd like to give it a test drive but I'm not doing so until they get an english version out. And it remains to be seen how well it'll get upgraded when needed. (I.E. new MBK's are released, etc). Nonetheless, this has definitely got my interest.

Correction, it DOES support ATI UVD but only for blu-ray and HD-DVD playback. I'l using with a HD2600
ArcSoft themselves told me that "ATI UVD acceleration is not fully supported", and we were specifically talking about HD DVD and BD playback. I use HD2600, too, and I'm well aware that when video acceleration is enabled, CPU load drops. So there is some support, but it's not "full support" - yet.

Last edited:
Interesting. I want an english trial of this thing. I'd like to give it a test drive but I'm not doing so until they get an english version out. And it remains to be seen how well it'll get upgraded when needed. (I.E. new MBK's are released, etc). Nonetheless, this has definitely got my interest.
According to ArcSoft, they should have an English language version (called TotalMedia Theatre) for Europe and North America out "very soon". No idea what that means in actual days/weeks/months.

According to ArcSoft, they should have an English language version (called TotalMedia Theatre) for Europe and North America out "very soon". No idea what that means in actual days/weeks/months.

Excellent. I look forward to trying it out.

Beware afc.sys

/shudder

Hi,
I have tried this software on SpiderMan3 (German/European Version), the playback seems fine when I start from the very beginning, but as soon as I try to skip a chapter, the playback becomes choppy. No chance of mending that (pause/stop does not help as there is no auto resume).

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Based on the version I have, just a few wrinkles to iron out and it should be ready. Am using it for most of my viewing.

F

Based on the version I have, just a few wrinkles to iron out and it should be ready. Am using it for most of my viewing.
Where did you get an English language version, if I may ask?

Yesterday I try "Starship Troopers" italian. Dual layer bluray. PDVD won't start (same as F4), and ArcSoft play it fine.

with Powerdvd 3319a I have no problems with Fantastic4, but trying to use the arcsoft I find it a pain that you can't seem to resume and when you jump ahead the play back becomes awful

Back