• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback Software Options

Looking forward to checking that out. Let me know where to download the installer when you get the chance :).
BTW my HTPC is Win 8.1

This is exactly what I use

http://www.haruhichan.com/KCP

This is how to set it up correctly.
I have mine set to exclusive mode. I own a r7 ati card and this is cpu render based and I get way better video staying away from that ati catalyst driver to run my blending. I have a amd 4 quad 2.4 ghz processor with 8 gig of ram with win 7 64bit. Win 8 will run this as I suggest the 32 bit. Stay away from the 64 bit. This will play all formats of video and all DD dts formats including truehd and dolby atmos. With this player you can do a 1 to one extraction untouched from a blurays and load it and it will play glitch free. These day being honest I oly use powerdvd14 for process monitor. Then I ISO it and change the name to say movie265plylistforcedsubs.ISO

That way I know if it takes a month to get around to extracting it I know I must do al with forced subs and I know what playlist to extract from. This is how my workflow is...and I'm sure you have seen my other videos to show my workflow to get the final movie to the hard drive from compression to forced subs to Dolby atmos. I still downcovert Dolby atmos because of my wdlive box in my bed room. That box no cinavix check so my whole house gets blurays streaming from my master computer in my living room hooked to my 70 inch TV. Then the master computer is hooked to USB 3 8 port powered hub from the wdcloud drive and I piggy back my wdlive book drives to the USB 3.0 8 port hub. This allows 8 x 2-4 terbyte drives for expansion. I have the same drives to match I side my master computer with karan tools to make perfect file copies from my master computer to my cloud server. It's an awesome setup as if a drive fails I either copy the failed drive from the Internal or cloud external piggy back drives. I have my wdcloud sharing to the wdlive. I do not use Windows shares by cloud. I use the internal drives hooked into media browser and madvr to play on the master computer. I have 1000's movies and hate to loose 2 terbyte of movies if a hard drive fails. This was the cheapest way to go without building a server nas. Also raid 3 is OK but this way is 1 to 1 so no need to rebuild a nas. Just run karan tools and install the new drive and that's it. Perfect copy

https://coalgirls.wakku.to/faq/playback/setup-guide-for-mpc-hc-madvr

Last edited:
Y'know, I've been giving more thought to this, and perhaps a "less is more" approach might be the way to go.

Is it possible to just rip a library full of M2TS files? Would I be missing anything in terms of quality in audio or video? What about subtitles - are they contained in that file or are they separate? Will there still be a problem with Cinavia or disc protection?

What I'm getting at is that for a movie like Ex Machina, the ISO is 45G, but the main feature itself is only 25G, the rest being previews, interviews and other stuff. If I'm able to use M2TS files alone, then I can forget about PowerDVD and go with something like Kodi, as long as I'm not losing anything in the way of the quality and I still get 1080p and 7.1 out of my HDMI port.

If so, it begs the question of how to manage the various discrete files, but I'm sure you guys have some recommendations.

Thanks for all the really good input. You've been giving me a lot to think about.

You can't do that, bluray are meant to be played in disc mode. M2ts is just a container for the audio/video. Just playing that in a player won't tell the player which stream is which language (audio/subs). If you just play an m2ts you can have a number of problems.

The list common ones being:
- player can't decode HD audio and defaults to either:
--- non-english audio
--- director's comments
--- no audio at all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

You can't do that, bluray are meant to be played in disc mode. M2ts is just a container for the audio/video. Just playing that in a player won't tell the player which stream is which language (audio/subs). If you just play an m2ts you can have a number of problems.

The list common ones being:
- player can't decode HD audio and defaults to either:
--- non-english audio
--- director's comments
--- no audio at all.

Ok, I seem to recall when using Kodi that was able to play an M2TS file after I mounted the ISO, though trying to figure out which it was from the interface was a PITA. So I figured if it was 'seeing' the file format, I could just extract it from the disc. Back to PDVD, I suppose.

Just because it can 'see' and play the file format doesn't mean it'll play the m2ts embedded streams correctly. If all you want is the main title, take a look at the mkv format

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Just because it can 'see' and play the file format doesn't mean it'll play the m2ts embedded streams correctly. If all you want is the main title, take a look at the mkv format
Which requires manual intervention to create that format, correct?

CloneBD - click the mobile conversion button - pick mkv - done

No issues with Cinavia or Screen Pass? Quality the same?

Cinavia: It's still there, but never an issue if played in software like Kodi.

Screen Pass: Not a problem as long as AnyDVD handles the disc correctly before processing.

Quality: You can't have completely untouched video and audio yet in CloneBD (for a MKV) you have to encode one or the other (I'm hoping this will be added soon)

If you don't care about full menus/special features a MKV library with Kodi is pretty much as good as it gets.

Sounds like I'll have to stick with PDVD for now until CloneBD can process a lossless mkv.

Last edited:
There's other solutions for that in the mean time.

MakeMKV, handbrake,... That's all I can say, the rest you will have to Google for yourself. These are the slysoft forms after all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Still, it seems they all transcode, and therefore is there not a loss of quality? If CloneBD will make an mkv without loss from transcoding, that's the play for me!

Sounds good. I'll just continue making ISOs and when CloneBD is ready, I'll do that. Any idea when they'll have that fixed?

Back