• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback problems with multiple Opus Arte BD's

Lonald

Hi all,

I am collecting opera discs and an odd behavior is occurring with a number of (but not all) Opus Arte discs. I've mentioned it before, but now can say it is specific to this brand. Of note, while they are European in origin, they are region-free discs.

I am making .mkv back-ups, with subtitles and full resolution.

The behavior that I have seen is that if you fast forward at all, the playback will jump to about 42 minutes into the playback and you cannot reverse past that point. Once this occurs, the playback always starts at the 42 minute point.

Today, I updated to the latest AnyDVD HD version and tried Jenufa, the log of which is attached. This time the timer jumped forward, but the playback was at the beginning. It could not be fast-forwarded or reversed.

The following Opus Arte discs are a problem:
Jenufa
L'Elisir D'Amore
Elektra
La Boheme

The following Opus Arte discs copied fine:
Tosca
Turandot

Very strange, hope you can help! Let me know if you want any more logfiles.

Lon

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.Jenufa.cbdlog
    143.3 KB · Views: 2
Update.

The La Boheme (2006) now copies perfectly.

L'Elisir D'Amore shows the same behavior as noted above. Logfile is attached.

I will try the others and update later.

Thanks!

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.Lelisir Damore [new].cbdlog
    139.9 KB · Views: 1
No such luck. Here are more logfiles of failed backups.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.Elektra.cbdlog
    167.5 KB · Views: 1
  • CloneBD.1.2.5.0.La Boheme (2010) [new].cbdlog
    125.2 KB · Views: 1
Playing around a bit with these...

I've been able to make the backup .mkv's using MakeMKV and these work properly.

Thanks!

That's a workaround, not a fix. @Fabian or @Reto need to look

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

From the log file I do not see any issue witht eh BD. As far as I understand you, the only problem you have is that the generated MKV file is not seekable.

I experimented with the 2010 La Bohème MKV.
It plays back flawlessly using VLC, Kodi and PowerDVD.
I tried seeking, ffw and frev (where applicable) and it all worked supremely fine.

So: what player are you using?

Analysing the MKV file, I did find something unusual: the key frames are only every 8 seconds. That is an enormous amount of time in between key frames and I can imagine, that this would hamper seeking on some players.
And since you made a lossless copy, CloneBD can't change that.
But neither can MakeMKV, since it doesn't know anything other than lossless, so I'm not sure, that is the cause.

Those 8 seconds are a violation of the Blu-ray specification (it requires at most 1s), so that disc is not quite spec conforming (this is not unusual for discs authored by small studios).

Can you try converting to MKV with compression to AVC (your PC is probably to slow to handle HEVC)?
Doesn't have to be the full length, just a few minutes - to see if that would make a difference.
Then CloneBD should fix the regular 1 second keyframe interval.

Good morning,

I downloaded Kodi and the backup made with CloneBD does work without a glitch. I am using the video player embedded in Emby - which uses electron. I also tried this on the Leawo player with the same issues occurring, but with the AVC version Leawo appears to work fine. I did try HEVC before, and it was verrry slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back