Playback issues/worries

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by welshman213, Apr 25, 2008.

1. welshman213

welshman213 New Member

Guys,

Let me first apologise as this might be completely the wrong forum.

I am looking to start ripping my BD, but before i shell out my hard earned ca$h for a new drive, and sofwtare licences I want to make sure I can nail the playbacks.

So against my better judgement I have d/l 2 BD (cars and Iceage).
    I have created an ISO image from the BDMV folder for both films, and mounted on the free daemon tools lite.

With Cars it starts, I can select the language and watch the previews, but get a black screen when it goes to load the main menu.

With iceage, I get "unsupported format"

This is all with PowerDVD 8 Ultra.

Is this something I am doing wrong?

HTPC should be upto scratch.

AMD 5000+
    512Mb 3650 G/C
    2GB Ram
    Vista Ultimate.

Hope someone can help, but wont be too offended if told "where to go!".

Cheers

John

2. starz

starz Well-Known Member

I assume d/l means you downloaded the files off the Internet?
    unfortunately if that being so no one will be able to help you here with pirated downloads, Witch Is likely the issue.

3. windsorr

windsorr Well-Known Member

You will have to be a bit more specific...what are you doing with AnyDVD HD? and what version are you running?

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

He's not doing anything with it, he's trying to play BD's he's downloaded from a torrent site which discussion of is frowned upon here

5. Bigrick

Bigrick Well-Known Member

this forum is for people who are trying to back up there own personal bluray collection nothing downloaded or even rented i suggest you buy the movie

6. welshman213

welshman213 New Member

Dont get me wrong I understand all that is being said.
    I do own the originals, but I wanted to know that the system I had was capable and that I could playback the files prior to purchasing the hardware.

As stated I know this is not the way this should be done, and again has mentioned I do understand if I am told, "sorry, cannot help".

Appreciate your time.

7. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

If you're getting that message, the idiots who ripped it are missing necessary files for playback in PowerDVD 8 Ultra. It'll work in 7, but, not 8. And yes, this is what happens when you download...you never know what you're gonna get. :)

8. welshman213

welshman213 New Member

SamuriHL.

Many thanks.

Thats all I wanted to know, assuming my PC is speced up enough to play back I will now go purchase the required H/W.
    My intentions were not to circumvert (sp) the legalities here.

Thanks