• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback from Disc

Chris Main

So, I have a simple question, but I've not been able to answer it by searching so here goes..

I use AnyDVD and DVD clone, so I'm plenty comfortable in how to backup and play my DVD's in Vista Media centre.

My problem is that I have a big old CRT projector that has no digital input (ie, no HDCP even though my graphics card does)

So, I know with AnyDVD-HD and PDVD (and either a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive of course) I could playback from harddrive, but I don't have the amount of hard drive space to contemplate 25Gb backups...

But.. would I be able simply to play a physical high definition disc from the drive, and output in 720p or 1080p via the VGA output ?

Or do you have to rip the files first in order to do anything ?

Really? no answer to this?

Apologies if it's so obvious as to be insulting... but I'd really like to know..

From the AnydvdHD sales page
Playback your discs on your PC with PowerDVD Ultra

Yes it will allow you to play back from disc

Thanks for that:

The whole section says:

"watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.

playback of discs on the PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run"

So, read together, it's a little ambiguous in terms of the specific question.

Will AnyDVD-HD with PDVD allow me to play a Hi-def disc and output 720p or 1080p *through VGA* ?

Back