• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback freezing in places

I have been making Backups for over 2 years

I have learned to use good dvd burners (not plextor or lite-on), wait at least 1 hour between burns to let the burner cool (thats why I have 4 burners), always use taiyo yuden premium disks (not the valueline), never use paper labels (and I heard that taiyo yuden printables were not good, this is a false rumor).
I know I have burned at least 600 taiyo yuden printables, no problems. The colors are not as vibrant as a ridata printable but the disk quality is better. Also I use anydvd and nero to burn. Nero is one of the best for burning disks. Always check verify when copying and also check to enable the all player compatibility. I have had very few problems with these guidelines. And I learned the hard way. I did not have anyone giving me advice.

I have learned to use good dvd burners (not plextor or lite-on),.

Real Plextor burners are good burners (provided you're using high end quality media).

PX-716A http://cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=254&page=Conclusion 9/10
Px-760A http://cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=286&page=Conclusion 9/10
Px-760A http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Plextor-PX-760A-DVD-Burner-Review (Cdfreaks safe buy award)

Also visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=767

Last edited:
I have learned to use good dvd burners (not plextor or lite-on)
:disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
Your opinion................! What burners are you using, that are so great?
LiteOn burners are also very good burners, unless you happen to get hold of a bad one. That can happen with any brand! A lot of other brands, turn out to be rebadged LiteOns. I use a LiteOn 1633s, and have never had a minute of trouble with it.

Websilinger the PX-716A arent on the market anymore you can still get the PX-716SA sata drive and the PX-716AL slot drive these are the best drives on the market 8mb cache. the PX-760A is inferior to PX-716A ,SA and AL IMO

Last edited:
Websilinger the PX-716A arent on the market anymore you can still get the PX-716SA sata drive and the PX-716AL slot drive these are the best drives on the market 8mb cache. the 760 is inferior to PX-716A ,SA and AL

I own both the PX-716A and PX-760A. Plextor is no longer producing either drive. Once they're gone, they're gone.
Plextor is also rumoured to no longer produce commercial drives. Supposedly, Plextor will merely be rebadging other
drives in the future (on a commercial level).

I have learned to use good dvd burners (not plextor or lite-on), wait at least 1 hour between burns to let the burner cool (thats why I have 4 burners), always use taiyo yuden premium disks (not the valueline), never use paper labels (and I heard that taiyo yuden printables were not good, this is a false rumor).
I know I have burned at least 600 taiyo yuden printables, no problems. The colors are not as vibrant as a ridata printable but the disk quality is better. Also I use anydvd and nero to burn. Nero is one of the best for burning disks. Always check verify when copying and also check to enable the all player compatibility. I have had very few problems with these guidelines. And I learned the hard way. I did not have anyone giving me advice.

Why not the valueline TYs? Does anyone know what this is about?

Whatever works best for the individual. The PC that one is using will also factor in. I use Verbatim's (16X Silver & Hun-Printable) on Plextors, NEC's and Lite-On's.....burn at 16X and sometimes make as many as 10 burns in a row without stopping. I back a movie up to the HDD while another is burning. Never had an issue with any drive.

MMM

the valueline Taiyo Yuden are fine. i used 1000s of them with no problems

well i have used probably 8000 plus valueline Taiyo Yudens with NO problems and have done many many scans with great scores.and no playback problems. i have some 4 plus years old that still playback fine. so if you guys want to spend more money on the premiumline go ahead but not I

For whatever this is worth...

I have two Sony burners, but generally use one for reading and the other for writing. Since the typical dvd takes 25-30 minutes to run thru clonedvd2, this is the drive getting the most mileage, and I save the files to HDD temporarily. Writing is usually done in 6-8 minutes per disk. So far over 900+ have been run thru the system. Thinking about getting a new Sony drive on the shelf, but with 2 drives I can probably run until one of them fails, then r&w with the survivor.

At that time then buy latest Sony burner again.

Usually I do all the reading as one phase, and then the writing as a separate operation. And, I use 12x writing speed on the 16x burners.

Blanks used are TDK 16X +R, from costco locally, and while they have a printable surface I don't do this.
Each disk contains just a number written in the center area, which references to a database.

This process has provided 100% reliability since I started it.

K

Last edited:
Don't know about all of them, but a lot of Sonys are rebadged LiteOns.

I've been burning DVD's for several years. I've used 6 different burners, from 5 different vendors, and media from more than a dozen different manufacturers. All have had episodes with the copy freezing; at least 1 in 10 were defective. A couple of months ago I replaced the 40 wire ribbon cable going to my DVD burner with an 80 wire one. Since then I have burned more than 70 DVD's, not one of which freeze up during playback.

Where do you get an 80 wire cable??

And it just plugs into the back of the burner yes?

Rich

Hey RBaron,
How's the Precision Drive 3 system working out? Has it solved the freezing problem? It's awesome, right?:agree:

Where do you get an 80 wire cable??

And it just plugs into the back of the burner yes?

Rich

Any PC sales and/or repair shop will have 80 wire ribbons. They are also available at online vendors (i.e. Newegg) but the shipping is as much as the cost of the cable. 80 wire cables will have colored connectors.
Blue to MOBO
Black to Primary
Gray to Secondary

Hey RBaron,
How's the Precision Drive 3 system working out? Has it solved the freezing problem? It's awesome, right?:agree:

No, the problem is still there even after I purchased a new DVD Sony player. I do suspect the burner as not burning correctlly. I need to get a handle on that before I make so many coasters.

Thanks for asking tho'...

Back