• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback Bluray 3D ISO's

nrmsmith

Silly question maybe, but does VCD emulate a 3D Bluray drive, or just a bluray drive?

For example, if I have a backup rip of a 3D Bluray disc as an ISO can I mount it on VCD and have it playback in 3D using software player such as PDVD11 or TMT5?

Thanks

There is no such thing as a 3D blu-ray drive. There is only 1 drive type, its how the BD is authored that tells the player if its a standard or 3D disc.

and yes, you can mount 3D discs in VCD

Reason I asked the question was because when I mount an ISO of a ripped 3D bluray disc and play it back in PDVD11 it doesn't playback in 3D.

It'll only play back in 3D if you have the 3D equipment

3D equipment meaning, a 3D monitor or a combination that includes for example the nvidea glasses. Another option is that you tick the anydvd preference that sais "simulate connected 3D device".

This will allow playback of a 3D only disc on non-3D monitors however, the image will NOT be 3D but the usual 2D

Does the original playback in 3D? How did you create the ISO?

Yes, the original plays fine in 3D.

The 3D bluray ISO rip was made using a well known software bluray ripper product available elsewhere.

I mounted it using VCD and played back using PDVD. There's a menu option on the disc, to play the feature in 3D, I chose this but the playback is only 2D (when I take off the 3D glasses the picture is clear & pinsharp - rather than blurry and out of focus like it is when the original disc is played back.)

The software product I mentioned also bluray 3D ripper option which produces an MKV 3D file. This works fine. It's just the bluray disc copy to ISO option which doesn't seem to work with 3D discs.

@nrmsmith: on the contrary to "the other product": you can mention the name of dvdfab on this forum ;)

That being said: dvdcrap is just plain inferior to anydvd. Try ripping it with the best piece of software arround being anydvd. Note: 3D discs MUST be ripped to iso

Probably why mine work as I never use DVDfab to make images, only AnyDVD HD

same here, there's only 1 ripper/decrypter for me and its anydvd hd

OK, I'll give AnyDVD HD a go to rip to ISO & see what happens. Thanks...

I have tried DVDFab rip to 3D file (ripping a 3D bluray film to MKV file) and this works OK for me.

Ripping to mkv is not the same thing, also I think it converts it to Side by Side or top and bottom so it's re-encoding the whole thing

ok, well I am pleased to confim that the ISO rip of a 3D bluray made with AnyDVD HD does indeed work just fine, in 3D, when mounted with VCD and played back in PDVD11.

Thanks to all who responded & gave advice....

Ripping to mkv is not the same thing, also I think it converts it to Side by Side or top and bottom so it's re-encoding the whole thing

Yes, I was aware that it recodes the film - I was just informing anyone who might be interested that DVDFab does work in that regard, even if it apparently can't rip a working 3D bluray ISO.

But ripping to SBS means it re-encodes, so takes a lot longer and can make a drop in quality. Also there are free bits of software out there that'll do the same thing as DVDFab and are probably kept more up to date

Hello,

I am very glad to read it's possible to watch 3D bluray that way. Don't you know if it's possible to stream 3d bluray movie to 3D tv wirelessly ? I am gonna buy Samsung 3D tv this week but I don't want to connect it as pc's display via hdmi. I've got dualband wifi router so 5 ghz band should manage streaming easily. In windows media player is "play to" feature which allows you to stream movies. Is something like that in power dvd too ? Hope someone can help me with that.

Last edited:
Media player won't play 3D Blu-rays, it may play back 3D converted to SBS but as I stated earlier you'll take a drop in quality as you'll need to convert the discs first

So the only way how to play bluray iso is to connect 3D tv as a pc's display, mount the file and play through power dvd ? Am I right ?

yes, it's the only way to do it, mount the ISO and play through 3D capable software connected direct to your TV

Last edited:
Back