• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

planet earth disc 4

johnboy

strange problem here. i have had complete success with all of my backups since purchasing anydvd/cd clone a month ago, until disc 4 of planet earth; quits writing at 49%, giving the cyclic redundancy error message. the disc had never been played before (but when tested, plays fine). cleaned it anyway, same thing. here's the kicker: my dad has the planet earth series also, factory sealed, never viewed, and when i tried copying his disc, it stalled at the exact same spot on disc 4. discs 1,2,3 and 5 copied perfectly. any thoughts? many thanks.

Ill bet its a bad production line. CRC errors are caused by bad original media and even if it plays fine, could still be bad. Nothing you can do really besides return it to the store and ask for a new one, but depending on how big the production problem was, your new one might do the same thing. BTW, how is the Planet Earth documentary? I was thinking of buying it.

Last edited:
strange problem here. i have had complete success with all of my backups since purchasing anydvd/cd clone a month ago, until disc 4 of planet earth; quits writing at 49%, giving the cyclic redundancy error message. the disc had never been played before (but when tested, plays fine). cleaned it anyway, same thing. here's the kicker: my dad has the planet earth series also, factory sealed, never viewed, and when i tried copying his disc, it stalled at the exact same spot on disc 4. discs 1,2,3 and 5 copied perfectly. any thoughts? many thanks.

Do step 8 from here please: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

Ill bet its a bad production line. CRC errors are caused by bad original media and even if it plays fine, could still be bad. Nothing you can do really besides return it to the store and ask for a new one, but depending on how big the production problem was, your new one might do the same thing. BTW, how is the Planet Earth documentary? I was thinking of buying it.
hey, thanks for the suggestion. i thought of returning it except i bought it online from amazon, and since it plays fine, don't know how i could claim it was defective, you know? highly recommend that you buy the series, though. it is incredible. cost bbc a bundle to make, and it shows. v high quality stuff that a wide range of ages can enjoy. jpv

hey, thanks for the suggestion. i thought of returning it except i bought it online from amazon, and since it plays fine, don't know how i could claim it was defective, you know? highly recommend that you buy the series, though. it is incredible. cost bbc a bundle to make, and it shows. v high quality stuff that a wide range of ages can enjoy. jpv

I would tell them that it is unable to play in your computer due to a manufacturing error. See what they say, but this does not imply that you were trying to back it up - just watch it. ;)

Back