• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PLANE Blu-ray disc just keeps spinning up and starting over again

extremeps

Hi guys. I just got the movie PLANE on Blu-ray. I loaded it into my disc player so I could convert it to be able to play on my ipad. It doesnt seem to stop spinning up. I will show that it recognizes the disc but then I get a reading error message. Currently trying DVDFab to convert it but I have in the past been using Aiseesoft. Neither one is working for the Blu-ray. I am attavhing the logfile for this disc to this thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_I_PLANE_FB7547B0_2D503D67.ziplog
    940.5 KB · Views: 8
Since AnyDVD can create a logfile, did you try ripping the Disc with AnyDVD itself instead of any third-party software?

Also, you should set your hardware region to avoid issues when using DVDs.
Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

This is going to sound dumb but I didn’t know AnyDvd could rip files. I always thought it was just a protection breaker so I could rip files using other programs. I will check the region thing when I wake up.

Just speaking from experience here. But I get this in 1 of 2 situations sometimes. Once in awhile a disc will read forever like the drive is struggling. I will eject the disc and put it back in and all is good from that point on. Sometimes I will run across a crappy disc. And even if I pull it out and clean it the drive will have trouble reading it. Sometimes when the disc sucks I can use AnyDVD to "Rip to Image" and sneak the data off. But sometimes the disc is just garbage and there is nothing much you can do but get another one.

This is going to sound dumb but I didn’t know AnyDvd could rip files. I always thought it was just a protection breaker so I could rip files using other programs. I will check the region thing when I wake up.
There are two rip options available when you right-click the AnyDVD icon after it has successfully "decrypted" the disc.

1. "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk... " Use this option to rip a DVD to file/folder.

2. "Rip to Image..." Use this option to rip a Blu-ray to an image file.

either option opens up a dialog for setting the rip parameters and location of the ripped output.

So I tried 3 separate Blu-ray discs. I tried "Plane, Wakanda Forever, and Top Gun Maverick" Blu-rays. None of them would complete spinning up and reading. The drive would however read my "Cave Rescue" regular DVD. I uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it and have the same issues

So I tried 3 separate Blu-ray discs. I tried "Plane, Wakanda Forever, and Top Gun Maverick" Blu-rays. None of them would complete spinning up and reading. The drive would however read my "Cave Rescue" regular DVD. I uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it and have the same issues
To me, it sounds like your drive is failing.

To me, it sounds like your drive is failing.
that's what I am starting to think as well. USB drive...next build I am going back to an in case SATA drive. never had problems with those but these USB ones are giving me a hell of a time.

Bonus: it's also where BD's got their name from. Blu-ray (as in Blue Ray. They just omitted the e and added a hyphen when merging the words)

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Is it possible Plane revoked the drive? We are talking about LionsGate.

Personally, I find it more likely that your laser is bad. What you are going through happened to me on a drive. It would read DVD but not Blu-Rays. It would spin forever on them. So the blue laser had died. Just my 2 cents I am sure others know more about it than I do.

I have an OPPO BD-203 where the red laser died. I didn't notice it right away since I was playing mostly Blu-ray.

If you try 3 commercial discs that used to play, and they no longer do, then it's a hardware problem.

Back