• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pirates 1 & 2 not working.

I know I can do it manually. Will you be updating AnyDVD HD to copy the CERTIFICATE folder automatically?

Thanks for the info!

We're currently investigating why that folder is required in this specific case.
But if it is needed, sure, AnyDVD ripper will do it then.

Hi Guys, thanks for the help. I got it to work.

First when I was doing the drag and drop, I just copy the BDVM folder, and not the certificate and sly folder. All I get is the black screen.

Than I tried right clicking the DVD drive, and choose copy. And then paste into the HardDrive. This copies all 3 folder, and I got Pirate 1 and 2 to work.

That's weird why the Rip function doesn't work, but the drag and drop works.

That's weird why the Rip function doesn't work, but the drag and drop works.

Rip works just as well. You simply have to manually add the \CERTIFICATE folder (not the SLY!, though you can, if you like).

Dang, I could have just copy over the certificate folder. I spent like probably 9 hrs. (6.1.5.5 and 6.1.5.6) Ripping and deleting cuz it didn't work:(

Dang, I could have just copy over the certificate folder. I spent like probably 9 hrs. (6.1.5.5 and 6.1.5.6) Ripping and deleting cuz it didn't work:(

:eek: Sorry, that I wasn't clear enough from the start.
BTW: I'll make sure, thet next release of AnyDVD will remove the requirement for this folder, so it doesn't have to be copied.

:eek: Sorry, that I wasn't clear enough from the start.
BTW: I'll make sure, the next release of AnyDVD will remove the requirement for this folder, so it doesn't have to be copied.

No need to apologize!

Last edited by a moderator:
This might relate to the matter - or not. It might be useful info for someone, in any case.

I tested a rip of the Japanese BD Ghost in the Shell 2. There are three directories: AACS, Certificate and BDMV. Using the latest PDVD, I tried to play the rip from HDD, but PDVD pops up a message about some crucial update it needs, and asks for permission to download the update.

Given the permission, it seems to do something and then reports that the update has been installed. When I try to play the movie, the same message pops up. No matter how many times it claims to download the update, the message keeps on popping up, and the movie won't play.

I then moved the AACS directory out of the movie directory, so only "Certificate" and "BDMV" directories remained. This time PDVD played the movie from HDD without problems.

Note that during the entire exercise I didn't have AnyDVD HD running at all.

This might relate to the matter - or not. It might be useful info for someone, in any case.

I tested a rip of the Japanese BD Ghost in the Shell 2. There are three directories: AACS, Certificate and BDMV.

[...]

Note that during the entire exercise I didn't have AnyDVD HD running at all.

Now, I need to ask: what exactly were you doing?
You're saying, you tested a rip - this would mean, you copied and decrypted the original and tried to play it then?
Or did you simple copy the still encrypted files?

In any case: I think I recall, that PowerDVD uses the AACS directory as an indication whether the content is encrypted or not.
So it should never work at all to play a readily decrypted disc, unless you completely remove the - then useless - AACS folder. (this is why AnyDVD renames the AACS folder, to hide it).

Generally: in most cases, it is fully sufficient to copy the BDMV folder.
Only in rare cases (like pirates otc), you will additionally need the \CERTIFICATE folder, but I will remove the requirement for this folder with the next release of AnyDVD HD as well.

PowerDVD always shows this message, if it detects ANY problem with decrypting. In your case, it probably saw the AACS folder and then tried to authenticate with the drive - which is impossible of course.

... it seems to do something and then reports that the update has been installed. When I try to play the movie, the same message pops up.

It is quite possible that the update had not actually been installed. I would recommend to uninstall PowerDVD completely and then use full installer to install latest 2911 version as described in another thread here.

It is quite possible that the update had not actually been installed. I would recommend to uninstall PowerDVD completely and then use full installer to install latest 2911 version as described in another thread here.

It's more likely, that there was actually nothing to upgrade (PowerDVD really "suspects" that there must be an upgrade available whenever something with decryption goes wrong).

Hi Guys, I just finished watching the rip Pirate 1 and 2.

For those that ripped it, and watch the rip was there a some glitches in the video (picture pixelation for like a few frames?

Maybe it's my computer being slow or something.

Also I ripped it with the drag and drop method.

With the drag and drop will I get the exact same quality as using the Rip option from the Fox?

It's either that, an issue with your original disc, or a software player issue (which might tie into your computer being not being fast enough).

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I just finished watching the rip Pirate 1 and 2.

For those that ripped it, and watch the rip was there a some glitches in the video (picture pixelation for like a few frames?

Also I ripped it with the drag and drop method.

With the drag and drop will I get the exact same quality as using the Rip option from the Fox?

Please always use the AnyDVD ripper - there is really no point in doing drag & drop and it does occasionally cause slight corruptions, because the filesystem sometimes does some hopping forward and backward (cache related issue), which can break the decryption flow.
There is a workaround planned for this behaviour, but in any case: please, please always use the AnyDVD ripper - that tool always knows exactly what to do and it always does a linear read from start to end, just like a player would do.

It was the latest 2911 version I was using.

I noticed that my Pirates 2 disc has a folder called SLY!

With 5.1.5.6 beta it is still black using the copy to folder option.

Trying to just copy/paste to folder to see if it's any different.

Any updates on the non-certificate requirement?

Last edited:
Pirates 1 & 2 playback results

This past weekend I enjoyed Pirates 1 and 2 on my 70" Sony using the backups created by AnyDVD 6.1.5.5 and played with PowerDVD Ultra 2911 standalone.

Both movies played flawlessly with no glitches whatsoever. It's so sweet to not have to search for your discs when you want to play a movie.

Thanks peer and James! Keep up the good work!

Thanks also to Cyberlink for releasing a version that does what it's supposed to do.

This past weekend I enjoyed Pirates 1 and 2 on my 70" Sony using the backups created by AnyDVD 6.1.5.5 and played with PowerDVD Ultra 2911 standalone.

Both movies played flawlessly with no glitches whatsoever. It's so sweet to not have to search for your discs when you want to play a movie.

Thanks peer and James! Keep up the good work!

Thanks also to Cyberlink for releasing a version that does what it's supposed to do.

yeah I think because of AVC encoding, correct codecs can be an issue

that movie is reference quality, eh???

Odd problem

I have a Ati X1300Pro...

I use the standard VGA socket for my computer monitor and my DVI (which according to display properties is the secondary) via a long cable (DVI -> HDMI) for my HDTV.

I've had not problems watching Blu-ray or HD-DVDs until Pirates (and the new menus)
I have the latest AnyDVD & PowerDVD.

I CAN watch Pirates on my computer monitor, however when I load it on my tv I get the spinning coin/key and nothing happens. Not even the "loading..." appears.

I have tried connecting the TV via VGA (as it have the connection) and it works, however I'd prefer to leave my setup as is....

Any ideas?

Back