• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer DVR-215D

I sent you two messages, I hope you got them.

Hi :)
Just left click on zebadee, in this post.
In the drop down menu, click on send a private message to zebadee.
Then do pretty much as you would for posting.
When finished click send.

Zebadee,
I forward the message I sent Webslinger. I'm not sure it sent. It says I have 3 messages in my sent folder. Does that mean they sent?

Tell me how to PM to you and I will send the serial number. And the clone copy still has the same issue. And now power DVD comes up with a message " No disc in drive D"

Have you tried the dvd you burned in a standalone dvd player?

You're burning at 8x with 16x rated media, right?

The last burn was with Verbatim 2.4 X media. And my Sony DVD player says it can not play this disc. I had tried before writing 8X speed on a 16X media with the same results.

Last edited:
Zebadee,
I forward the message I sent Webslinger. I'm not sure it sent. It says I have 3 messages in my sent folder. Does that mean they sent?

Yes they are all sent.
OK, unfortunately the manual doesn't say a lot with regards to SATA.
The Quick Install manual, I don't seem to be able to download.
However in your BIOS. Check the Raid is disabled.
If you are using raid, then disable raid for SATA 2. Both primary & secondary.
Have your ODD's (SATA DVD writers) connected to one (or both) of these.
See your manual, page 54.

Zebadee,
Checking my Integrated Peripherals in my BIOS CMOS. I have RAID disabled.
In my Standard CMOS it shows:

SATA 1 (A0) (Maxtor Stem 3500630as)
SATA 5 (B1) (HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW)

The rest of the SATA's are none.

1) With the Verbatim +R DL blank, try a 2x write speed using this method: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 (follow the steps in the order they are listed)

2) If that doesn't work, I'm out of suggestions and would be forced to consider whether you have a bad drive, bad cables, faulty Sata busmaster drivers, or a bad motherboard.

I do have an LG GGC-H20L, but I am unable to test it at the moment (so does Drinklyeanddie, I believe).

Last edited:
Webslinger,
I will go to that link and do what it says. But I have both LG DVD burners doing the samething. I don't believe I have two different models doing the same thing. Unless these LG drive do not work with CloneDVD. I have already upgraded and check the firmware on both drives before I started with CloneDVD. I will use the Verbatim at 2X speed with cloneCD which may take awhile for it to complete. Stay tuned.

anderrd

Ok I see after the copy is completed the writer option allows for speed adjustment. I set it for 2.4 X

Last edited:
Webslinger where do I set the burn speed in CloneCD. I don't see an option for speed. After I select the only drive I have in the PC at the moment. I right click the mouse and I see Capabilities and Fast Error Skip tabs. No Speed.

Last edited:
Webslinger where do I set the burn speed in CloneCD. I don't see an option for speed. After I select the only drive I have in the PC at the moment. I right click the mouse and I see Capabilities and Fast Error Skip tabs. No Speed.

Select source drive etc.
When it comes to destination, after checking for blank media etc.
You should see a window like the attached.

Webslinger,
After reading your messages while I have some time to burn, while this 2.4X speed is only 23% complete. I think we can ruled out the cable issue. Since both drives have had new cables replaced. If I had a driver issue with the SATA port, why does other software burn? (Data DVD). If this CloneCD does not change anything. I have one other thing to do. And that is take one of my know good IDE DVD burners from my old computer and try it on the IDE interface on this motherboard.

Plus I just completed running this same disk on my old computer with FujiFilm 16X DVD-R and evrythings worked well. I have noticed that CloneDVD will not run the -R on this new computer. BUt it will run it on my old computer with Sony IDE burners. And lookoing on the box of the LG burners. It states that compatible media includes -R. And that Nero will write a DATA disc using -R on the LG drives. But CloneDVD shows a media error. Just think about that?

Last edited:
Webslinger,
If I had a driver issue with the SATA port, why does other software burn? (Data DVD).

People have made similar claims before, and deleting drivers and reinstalling them fixed them. Clonedvd may interact differently with burners than other programs.

Plus I just completed running this same disk on my old computer with FujiFilm 16X DVD-R and evrythings worked well. I have noticed that CloneDVD will not run the -R on this new computer. BUt it will run it on my old computer with Sony IDE burners. And lookoing on the box of the LG burners. It states that compatible media includes -R. And that Nero will write a DATA disc using -R on the LG drives. But CloneDVD shows a media error. Just think about that?

The tests you've done with your single layer blank media don't really account for much, considering how inconsistent in quality those blanks are. Some drive's firmwares allow burners to burn properly to a wider variety of blank media than other burners' firmware.

If this were a Clonedvd issue, it seems to me I would have problems burning on 6 different burners, and I'm not (I haven't used a 780i based m/b, but I have used an Evga 680i, and I didn't experience issues). It seems to me these forums would be full of similar complaints. I can't say for sure that it's not an issue with Clonedvd and 780i based motherboards, but that seems unlikely to me. I think a couple people I know would have mentioned something to me by now.

Last edited:
I just had a completed CloneCD burn. Check it out and the disc is showing blank. I will later attempt to connect an IDE Sony DVD burner up and check things out. I will try loading the XFXnvidia drivers again to make sure they were loaded ok.

I just finished a copy with cloneDVD with my Sony 810 IDE drive attached to the IDE port on this 780I motherboard. And everything went ok. I even read it on my LG GGW drive. So the problem seems to be with the SATA ports for an optical drive video burn or the LG GGW and GGC drives.

So I went on the nVidia web site and did some snooping around and found that the 780I has been having suspected SATA driver issues with optical drives attached. Some are having BSOD issues. And others are having the no write issue I am having, using windows XP and Vista. There are two work arounds. Some have deinstalled their drivers and cleaned their registry. Then loaded the Chipset drivers from the 790I motherboard. But take a performace hit. Or just using IDE interface drives until a fix gets released. Found under the heading down below.

EVGA nForce 780i Series >> SATA DVD Support Thread -- EVGA and Users

I just finished a copy with cloneDVD with my Sony 810 IDE drive attached to the IDE port on this 780I motherboard. And everything went ok. I even read it on my LG GGW drive. So the problem seems to be with the SATA ports for an optical drive video burn or the LG GGW and GGC drives.

So I went on the nVidia web site and did some snooping around and found that the 780I has been having suspected SATA driver issues with optical drives attached. Some are having BSOD issues. And others are having the no write issue I am having, using windows XP and Vista. There are two work arounds. Some have deinstalled their drivers and cleaned their registry. Then loaded the Chipset drivers from the 790I motherboard. But take a performace hit. Or just using IDE interface drives until a fix gets released. Found under the heading down below.

EVGA nForce 780i Series >> SATA DVD Support Thread -- EVGA and Users

Thanks for letting us know. Sounds like a headache. :doh:

Update 780I Motherboard

I thought I would give an update on my progress with this new motherboard. After reading many forums on the subject. I decide to reload the OS Win XP PRO on a new hard drive. I DID NOT load the nvidia chipset drivers included with the motherboard. That driver loads the SATA drivers for the motherboard. I let Windows load their drivers. Which are IDE drivers instead of SATA drivers. Once the system was up and stable. I used CloneDVD and AnyDVD and was able to write and play movies with my SATA Optical drives. I would assume I am taking a performance hit using these drivers. But I can perform the task I wish to do. It appears to be a SATA Driver issue with the nvidia driver for that interface. Until nvidia has a fix for this driver. Use Windows drivers instead of the nvidia drivers to be able to use your optical SATA drives with Any/ClonDVD product.

Thanks for the update.
Unfortunately it is common that folk end up using MS drivers & scrapping the nVidia ones.
They just don't seem to learn or care.
You might actually be getting better performance with MS.
I know I used to.

Back