• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer DVR-112D

I don't have any proof of purchase but maybe Newegg could verify it with online records or something. I'm gonna wait to see what Newegg and Pioneer have to say though.

Log into your Newegg account............click on "Order History/Print Invoice" ...all of your purchases will be listed there. Click on the "Invoice Number" for the Pioneer DVDRW and you can print out the invoice.

Log into your Newegg account............click on "Order History/Print Invoice" ...all of your purchases will be listed there. Click on the "Invoice Number" for the Pioneer DVDRW and you can print out the invoice.
Tried that. It only has my most recent purchase a few days ago. I didn't buy the Pioneer on my account.

I just got an e-mail from Newegg with a RMA number and instructions on what to do.

Hopefully I am sending the drive back today.

EDIT: Looks like I will Monday.

Last edited:
I got an update. Newegg received the drive and they are sending me a brand new one. Should be here Friday or Saturday. w00t!

This is a known problem with the Pioneer 112. A firmware update might fix it.:agree:
Thing is, I had the latest firmware. If they send me the new one and it has the older firmware and it reads CDs, I'll just leave it alone.

I got the Pioneer back and it is hooked up. I cannot change the booktype though! It is greyed out in Nero CD-DVD Speed and ImgBurn does not list Pioneer. This is bittersweet, it can read CDs but cannot booktype.

Last edited:
More bad news.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-112D 1.22 07/06/29PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Yet, when I go into the properties of the drive it reports Region 1. I cannot believe this. This and the booktyping problems are enough to make me never buy any Pioneer products.

I got the Pioneer back and it is hooked up. I cannot change the booktype though! It is greyed out in Nero CD-DVD Speed and ImgBurn does not list Pioneer. This is bittersweet, it can read CDs but cannot booktype.

1. Pioneer 112d drives that can not read cds, in my opinion, are probably dead burners that need to be RMAed

2. The Pioneer dvr-112d burner does not support bitsetting for dvd+r nor dvd+rw (I think it does for dvd+r dl though). However, you can crossflash to a Buffalo firmware that does support bitsetting. Doing this, though, will likely void your warranty.

visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=221145&page=2&pp=25 (and read through the thread)

also visit http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=42655&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Last edited:
1. Pioneer 112d drives that can not read cds, in my opinion, are probably dead burners that need to be RMAed

2. The Pioneer dvr-112d burner does not support bitsetting for dvd+r nor dvd+rw (I think it does for dvd+r dl though). However, you can crossflash to a Buffalo firmware that does support bitsetting. Doing this, though, will likely void your warranty.

visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=221145&page=2&pp=25 (and read through the thread)

also visit http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=42655&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

I did send it back to Newegg and I believe they sent me a brand new one. I'm just going to leave it how it is and avoid buying any Pioneer products. The toolkit link is not even working to crossflash.

What about AnyDVD reporting the region isn't set?

Last edited:
What about the AnyDVD reporting the region isn't set?

Are you sure it is?

Anydvd needs to be disabled when you do set it.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

If that doesn't work I would update your burner's firmware (if possible) and then follow the steps I listed above.

Thanks, one of those worked. I just hope this doesn't mess up the drive but if it does it's not a big deal anyways.

"For information concerning flashing Pioneer DVR-112D to Buffalo Firmware read the “Instructions.Txt” file included in the Koba “Flash Package” Zip File. "

--Coaster

But I take no responsibility if it doesn't work for you.

Back