• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer DVD-RW Problems

Spidinator

HI there, I am just wondering if anyone knows where or how I could find a firmware update for this particular model. I have searched high and low but cannot not even find a mention of it online. The whole name of it is

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17RS Firmware Version 1.00

I have been experiencing buffer underruns whenever i am burning and just bought some new discs that my drive is saying can only burn at 2x.

Now maybe I bought the wrong discs but just really want to know if there is some new firmware out there for this drive or not. If you need any more info please let me know:agree:

Me too

somebody please help! i have another problem, the problem is my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17RS cannot detect VCD that have capacity about 880MB. how could this happen??

somebody please help! i have another problem, the problem is my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17RS cannot detect VCD that have capacity about 880MB. how could this happen??

I can't find any specs for it and I don't know who actually makes it.. Is that a DuaL Layer unit? What brand of Laptop is it in?

Hmmmmm....

VCD stands for 'Video Compact Disc' and basically it is a CD that contains moving pictures and sound. If you're familiar with regular audio/music CDs, then you will know what a VCD looks like. A VCD has the capacity to hold up to 74/80 minutes on 650MB/700MB CDs respectively of full-motion video along with quality stereo sound. VCDs use a compression standard called MPEG to store the video and audio. A VCD can be played on almost all standalone DVD Players and of course on all computers with a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive with the help of a software based decoder / player. It is also possible to use menus and chapters, similiar to DVDs, on a VCD and also simple photo album/slide shows with background audio. The quality of a very good VCD is about the same as a VHS tape based movie but VCD is usually a bit more blurry. If you want better quality checkout SVCD,CVD or DVD.
If you are truely talking about a VCD, the one that you are referencing has been "over-burned", in that it exceeds the normal size parameters for a CD-R. While this is possible, it is directly related to the drives Hardware and the Media's capacity. An "over-burn" of this magnitude is not normally supported by most drives -- not the fault of the drive; but rather, the fault of the "guying making the VCD".

Are you "cutting" VCD's and using DVD media? IF so, there are a few "rules" that would be violated and maybe that is why the drive can't recognize the media.

Back