• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer BDR-205 firmware 1.12 update (2011-06-16)

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Pioneer released this firmware update on the Japanese website and dated it as 2011-07-21. The actual date of the firmware is 2011-06-16. This firmware is not listed on the US website and until 2 days ago I have never known it even existed.

My BDR-205 is an OEM model purchased from Newegg and it was listed as the BDR-205BKS. I had no issues flashing this updated firmware as downloaded from Pioneer's Japanese website. No need to even reboot which was nice.

I'm listing the changelog for the firmware updates since v1.09:

• Support New BD-R SL media - 6x Writing : Umedisc
  • Support Writing speed of BD-R DL Media - 8x Writing : CMC 6x media
  • Support Writing speed of BD-R LTH Media - 6x Writing : Umedisc 6x media
  • Improvement of writing on the supported BD-R DL media.

• Support New BD-R SL media - 4x Writing : Prodisc & 6x Writing : Infomedia
  • Support New BD-R DL media - 6x Writing : Ritek, CMC
  • Support New BD-R LtoH media - 6x Writing : Umedisc, Ritek, That's Maxell, JVC
  • Support Writing speed of BD-R SL Media - 12x Writing : MKM 6x
  • Support Writing speed of DVD+R SL Media -16x Writing : Prodisc
  • Improvement of BD-R writing
  • Improvement of BD-RE writing
  • Improvement of DVD-R writing

• Improvement of BD-R writing
  • Improvement of PureRead
  • Support New BD-R media(6x Writing; MKM)

• Support New BD-R media - 4x Writing : Ritek Umedisc
  • Support 12x Writing speed of New BD-R Media
  • 12x Writing ; CMC

Sorry about what I consider some not so wonderful wording in the changelog. I had to convert it to something that made more sense and I tried to not change it very much.

You can obtain the firmware here: http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html#firmware1.

NOTE: I take zero responsibility if someone updates the firmware for their drive and as a result there is a problem.

Thank you VERY much. I used this a while back and it worked perfect on my BDR-205BK drive (on the drive it says "CODE BDR-205BK/1"). I just registered and figured I'd post this so someone else would know it works!

I've read that slowing the read speed down in AnyDVD can help but that was is regards to a DVD, not BD. Is this applicable to BD ripping?

Back