• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer BDC-202 1.01 - Disc Detection Broken

Hi Wrick
I'm having similar issues with my Gigabyte board.
Exactly what sort of sata>usb adapter did you use.

Cheers
Graham

Well Graham, the one I use is TeckNet USB 2.0 to SATA Adapter, which I got very cheaply here in the UK, though I'm sure any similar devices will do. I just happened to have that lying around for drive testing purposes.

The adapter plugs straight into the back of the drive (i.e. without the need for a SATA cable), getting its power from the USB connection. The device comes with a seperate power supply for the drive itself, but I've actually got the thing fitted in the case using the computer's power with the USB cable going out the back of the case and into a USB slot!

It's a comedy solution which was only meant to be temporary but, as I've found before, there's nothing as permanent as a temporary solution!

;)

i'm happy that i don't bought this drive!
but normally pioneer have good products..

well no matter what i see to do I just can't get mine to work.
I've tried a pci sata card....... no good
a sata > usb converter - no luck
every mobo sata port - no good.

Anyone have any techinical knowledge of why this doesn't work ?
Does XP pro need drivers ?
or should I just get vista and see how i go ?

ok working with vista now.
XP was a major issue.
Anyone have any issues ripping EX League of gents on blu ray ?
Mine stopped at 22%

Changelog says:

Code:
 	Support New DVD-R Media. (12x writing : RiTEK)
Support New DVD-R DL Media. (4x writing : RiTEK)
Resolves booting time issues between BDC-S02 and certain PC environments.

Are there any solutions to disc detection broken problem? my firmware is currently 1.07 using TMT. Sometimes my bluray drive just refused to detect the disc in the drive.

Unfortunately that's just the drive. I have 1 of these and I've found it to be pretty rubbish, rip speeds are slow and I find a lot of discs that work fine in the LG drive are not seen properly on this drive and get read errors or just aren't seen

Back