• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer announced world's first Ultra HD Blu-ray burners for PCs - Japan release in February

I'm not going to say that's not true, but last I know they didn't get/have a license from the bdla to create UHD drives.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Thanks for the image, list got updated indeed. They're really short on the ball then, I wonder what LG's drive will be and when it'll be available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Also interesting this part of the description.

Operating environment of "BDR-S11J-BK" "BDR-S11J-X"

Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
Supported OS Windows 10 ™ Japanese version
CPU Intel seventh-generation desktop Corei7 / i5 processor (KabyLake-S)
Intel seventh generation notebook for Core i7 / i5 processor (KabyLake-H)
※ U processor non-compliant
GPU Intel HD Graphics 630 Built-in GPU for 7th Generation Processor
memory 6 GB or more
External display 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 or higher) HDMI2.0a (required HDCP2.2) corresponding display
HDR support (at the time of HDR content playback, the non-compliant at the time played in HDR> SDR conversion)
Motherboard Intel SGX corresponding intel 200 series motherboard
HDCP2.2 / HDMI2.0a output corresponding Intel built-in GPU output corresponding motherboard (for HDMI output)
Equipment compatible with HDMI 2.0a, HDCP 2.2, HDR (recommended) standard is required separately for Ultra HD Blu-ray playback. To check the Ultra HD Blu-ray playback environment, please use the automatic discrimination tool to be posted on our website at a later date.

One of the new features of Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc is a dual-zone data transfer mode where the physical position of a file on the disc determines its max transfer rate. Ripping a dual-zone disc once AACS 2.0 is cracked would require re-compressing the HEVC or making burning software that can handle the disc positioning.

If I wanted to play with triple-layer UHD authoring, what software should I use to burn a BDXL with two separate configurable layer breaks?

Back