Picture problem when play on uhd player

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by gantz, Feb 11, 2019.

1. gantz

gantz Member

I use cloneBD 1.2.4.0 to custom bitrate uhd and compress to UHD-BD50G. the output plays fine on pc (dvdfab player). But when I burn on disc (use imgburn to burn) and play it on LG Up970. It gets picture problem
    190211012352.jpg

more information
    on pansonic dmp ub900 not play freeze at 00:00:00

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

CloneBD logfilefile please

3. gantz

gantz Member

logfiles

Attached Files:

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

5. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

@gantz Did you ever play a burned UHD movie on this player? I had this problem, when playing on xBox One S.:(

6. gantz

gantz Member

no problem with dvdfab. And If I remember rightly about 2 month agos , no problem on cloneBD. Now I tried downgrade to version 1.2.3.0 gets same problem.

Usually I use dvdfab compress to uhdBD. When I found source too high birate for BD-R 50G (get stuttering problem) but size less than 50G. I will use cloneBD to compress it because dvdfab can't custom bitrate.

7. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

Crazy thing... Hope there will be help soon!(y)

8. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

What happens if you don't compress? (size slider to the full right)
    Does the problem still persist?
    I haven't heard of that effect.

9. gantz

gantz Member

No problem if not compress.
    When I open them on Bdinfo 0.7.5.5 (see picture). And the Compress took a long time to scan for show information.
    190211084609.jpg

Attached Files:

10. gantz

gantz Member

11. Reto

Reto Elaborate Bytes AG

Thanks for bringing this up - we're currently looking into it.
    We have found a bug, that might misshape the picture information, which could be the cause of your problem.
    BDInfo on the other hand seems to have bugs of its own - we looked at the source code and it seems the HDR detection may not be 100% reliable, so that informtion you see should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Depending on the order of the information in the stream, it may pick up the info or miss it entirely. But we can reorder it, so BDInfo sees it.

12. gantz

gantz Member

Thank you for update.

13. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Yes, there is definitely a bug in BDInfo, it's a hit and miss.
    I have no idea how to contact the author, so it will likely remain a bug (though the fix is trivial).

14. Indy58

Indy58 Member

I too have these problems and it took quite a few discs to find the problem (sort of).
    In my case these problems only occur on discs from Sony/Colombia. My test discs were: Equalizer 2, Blade Runner 2049 (both Sony discs) and 2001, Hacksaw Ridge (from other distributors).
    All discs worked fine on my pc. Only the 2 Sony discs gave me problems on my X700 stand-alone.
    My solution was to compress those 2 discs using another software (D****b). Then they played just fine.
    I hope this helps narrow down on other issues.

kufo likes this.
  15. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

Really intresting! (y)

16. gantz

gantz Member

same problem on sony movie. men in black 2 and underworld blood wars. and no problem on (D****b).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  17. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

Had this with the German version of Venom.
    Solved it the same way ..

18. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

I'll give it a try with the new CloneBD version, when I'm back from hospital :D

19. gantz

gantz Member

20. Indy58

Indy58 Member

I don't know yet. I haven't had an opportunity to try it out.
    It's a lengthy process to test. Not so much the reducing/copying but the burning on a BD-RE DL at 2x (there are no other disc speeds).
    And I'm not about to ruin another perfectly good disc just test it.