• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Phillips DVD & Promise PCI card SATA

vbowen

Trying to install Phillips 20X DVD ReWriter, DVD_+RW
Model SPD2513BD/17
The Phillips intelligent agent 2.2 shows ‘no Phillips products’
The tray and the light work
does not show in device mgr
Running W2K Ser pack 4
AMD Athlon XP2600
753,136kb ram
IDE CD-ROM 45x
Seagate ST3402111A HD with 37gb free
1BIT NF7M motherboard (no SATA)
PCI Promise FastTrack TX2300 controller card
Device mgr ‘this device is working properly’
C:/winnt\system32\drivers\bb-run.sys
C:/winnt\system32\drivers\dontgo.sys
C:/winnt\system32\drivers\ftsata2.sys
C:/winnt\system32\ftutil2.dll
enjoyed reading rest of forum, but still in trouble.

Thanks,

bios

please forgive my ignorance. I should not use my 85 years as a excuse, but I will.
If the Bios is what flashes by on booting, no it doses not show.
Thanks for the reply,
Vaughn

Yes the Bios is the screen that flashes during boot. You can enter the Bios by repeatedly pushing the Delete key when booting and take a closer look.
If the drive is not showing in the Bios, you have a hardware problem (i.e. bad drive-bad cable-bad connection)
Did the Promise card come with a disc? Did you run that disc and install any needed drivers?

Yes the Promise card came with a disk and the Promise shows up in the device mgr as working properly plus drivers on board.

I got two sata cables, so I'll try the other one.

Thanks again

Vaughn

hitting del on boot I got into bios
the cd rom in quistion is not present (shows none)
one curious setting was Enhance PCI performance disabled
I have tried the other connection on the PCI card
I have tried the other cable
Still in trouble
Thanks for your help
Vaughn

Did you attempt to "enable" the Promise card? That would appear to be why your DVDRW is not recognized although you stated earlier that the card was working according to Device manager.

i have that promise card - its nothing to do with the pc's bios, it has its own bios on the card - which will show the disks connected at boot (just after the pc post messages).

are you sure it works with dvd burners, thought it was just hard disks?

might have been better to stick to ide for optical drives....

Yes I am sure the optical drive will work with the card. SATA is SATA be it optical drive or HDD. I was never to find of cards for the very reasons you are experiencing. I prefer to use the IDE to SATA adapters.

Back