PERSUADERS Region 2 anydvd is unable to crack all the CSS keys

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by outerlimits_2001, Dec 24, 2017.

1. My region 1
    DVD Region is 2 UK DVDs

Changed the region of my DVD player to region 2

I get the following error:

anydvd is unable to crack all the CSS keys on this disc

Disc playback ranges from distorted to nothing but sound breaking up.

2. Sorry I forgot the log files

Attached Files:

3. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Your drive is set to Region 1 according to your log. The disc is in PAL format. Are you sure the playback device you are using is capable of PAL? Normally, US DVD players cannot read PAL, they are NTSC.
    Remember that to change the drive region, AnyDVD must be closed. Also, the drive region can only be changed 5 times before it is locked. If you are going to do Region 2 discs regularly, you might want to get a second drive and set it to Region 2, so you don't have to change it. You should be able to play it from your computer drive with no problem.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Pal only affects playback. He's getting a decryption CSS problem message from AnyDVD. That's because of the region difference. With a different region AnyDVD has to apply a brute force cracking method to the CSS. While this is mostly successful, in this case it seems to fail.

@op if you have CloneDVD2 see if you can make a backup of the important stuff. With some luck the problematic titles are in the trailer crap.

That said if you are successful, that does not mean any playback issues will be fixed too.

As mmdavis says, us players are usually incapable of playing pal content. In that case you will need to convert the content.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

5. Attached new logs with the DVD drive set to region 2. I create iso files and move them to my server. I using various streaming devices that can play NTSC & PAL. I have made many region 2 & 4 purchases and have not had any problems with playback. With these DVD's the menu's are distorted and playback along with audio is distorted.

I need a resolution to the encryption not be decoded.

6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Your driver is set to region 1:
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

EXIT AnyDVD and try again to set the drive region. Or ignore the warning.