• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Personal PSA - I know folks are frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
L1 requires certified hardware.

Being a "hardware guy," all hardware is "fakable" in software, that's pretty much how complex mission critical hardware is developed and interop-tested nowadays before being cast in silicon (granted Intel still manages to screw things up (and I'm not talking about their CPUs), but that's beside the point).

The whole DRM is, as anyone can tell, entirely false economy for both studios and providers, and electronic book publishers (as well as a lot in the music industry) figured that out a long time ago: people want free reign on the content very few are willing to share something that they themselves paid for, so watermarking DRM-free stuff more than suffices. The amount of money pi$$ed away on DRM R&D as well as RTU licensing would be easily offset by more people paying for the content: case in point- well done Google and Amazon for temporarily disabling AS (I know you lot are lurking here, I would), here's the thing though: instead of the hypothetical one paying for Para+, Showtime, Starz, BritBox, and Prime and being able to use AS, for example, that same hypothetical one would now go and pay about 100 bucks a year or so to download from S***e... Who's losing out?.. Of course, when one considers the bigger picture, the rational thing would've been to let the likes of AS to go on uninterrupted so as to dry up that other thing... but hey, as Peter Neumann said:
If you think cryptography is the answer to your problem, then you don't know what your problem is

Anyway, enough of a rant; I think of the "pause" in the "regular" service as a way of accruing tokens. I'm fairly confident there will be a way around it, and as with many things, one never knows what the unintended consequences would be that would end up being hugely beneficial...

Being a "hardware guy," all hardware is "fakable" in software, that's pretty much how complex mission critical hardware is developed and interop-tested nowadays before being cast in silicon (granted Intel still manages to screw things up (and I'm not talking about their CPUs), but that's beside the point).

The whole DRM is, as anyone can tell, entirely false economy for both studios and providers, and electronic book publishers (as well as a lot in the music industry) figured that out a long time ago: people want free reign on the content very few are willing to share something that they themselves paid for, so watermarking DRM-free stuff more than suffices. The amount of money pi$$ed away on DRM R&D as well as RTU licensing would be easily offset by more people paying for the content: case in point- well done Google and Amazon for temporarily disabling AS (I know you lot are lurking here, I would), here's the thing though: instead of the hypothetical one paying for Para+, Showtime, Starz, BritBox, and Prime and being able to use AS, for example, that same hypothetical one would now go and pay about 100 bucks a year or so to download from S***e... Who's losing out?.. Of course, when one considers the bigger picture, the rational thing would've been to let the likes of AS to go on uninterrupted so as to dry up that other thing... but hey, as Peter Neumann said:

Anyway, enough of a rant; I think of the "pause" in the "regular" service as a way of accruing tokens. I'm fairly confident there will be a way around it, and as with many things, one never knows what the unintended consequences would be that would end up being hugely beneficial...
Deep down they know DRM doesn't work, but it keeps the ppl who invest in them happy to "think/feel" that it is.

I do understand that hardware is fakeable, but that's not the same as hooking into an obvious flaw and simply reading what you need and will require far more development than what AS devs have done so far.

I specifically stated "enough with the technical talk, you know the stance of redfox on this".

You folks decided to continue anyway. Locked

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back