Person narrates during movie

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Jerry Johnson, Mar 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jerry Johnson

Jerry Johnson New Member

If this the wrong forum I apologize. I have never had a problem with software in the years I have used it.

Now when I make a copy of a DVD it shows it copies perfect but when I play it back it has a person narrating during the movie.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

What software are you using, is it AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD ? Is it a Bluray or a regular DVD. If you are not using CloneDVD you are in the wrong forum. Post a log file. Right click on the fox head in your taskbar and " Create Log File" it will most likely wind up in your " Documents folder" then upload to the forum. You have to choose the correct title. You can do that by previewing the movie or by looking at the Status Window in AnyDVD.

3. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

You are picking the wrong audio file. In CloneDVD the correct audio is usually the AC3/6 track. The Director's Comments are usually the AC3/2 tracks.

nebostrangla likes this.
  4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

i have no idea how ppl constantly have this issue (even those using CloneDVD), i never remove the AC3/2 tracks or AC3/5 ones. Not once have i had commentary track in my years of doing DVD's

5. nebostrangla

nebostrangla Well-Known Member

And is usually labeled as Director's Commentary.
    There's a setting on the right side
    "Stream Preferences"
    that you can use to always remove unwanted audio and subtitles.
    See pic: screenshot-clonedvd-3.en.png

As you can see it has anything that is in selected title. And those preference changes will stay until you change it.

6. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

That's why you don't have the problem then(!)

Director commentary only occurs when the wrong track is un-checked.
    And if people are aiming to get (near) 100% quality by going from DVD9>DVD5, certain tracks get unchecked...

nebostrangla likes this.
  7. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

I have found that when I get instances of commentary for the vision impaired or Director's comments I go to the speakers settings in PowerDVD. I usually find that in the case of this unsolicited commentary occurring the speaker settings have been changed. Changing them back to stereo or two speakers solves the problem for me. I can't say that this applies in all cases.