• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Person narrates during movie

Jerry Johnson

If this the wrong forum I apologize. I have never had a problem with software in the years I have used it.

Now when I make a copy of a DVD it shows it copies perfect but when I play it back it has a person narrating during the movie.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

What software are you using, is it AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD ? Is it a Bluray or a regular DVD. If you are not using CloneDVD you are in the wrong forum. Post a log file. Right click on the fox head in your taskbar and " Create Log File" it will most likely wind up in your " Documents folder" then upload to the forum. You have to choose the correct title. You can do that by previewing the movie or by looking at the Status Window in AnyDVD.

If this the wrong forum I apologize. I have never had a problem with software in the years I have used it.

Now when I make a copy of a DVD it shows it copies perfect but when I play it back it has a person narrating during the movie.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
You are picking the wrong audio file. In CloneDVD the correct audio is usually the AC3/6 track. The Director's Comments are usually the AC3/2 tracks.

i have no idea how ppl constantly have this issue (even those using CloneDVD), i never remove the AC3/2 tracks or AC3/5 ones. Not once have i had commentary track in my years of doing DVD's

And is usually labeled as Director's Commentary.
There's a setting on the right side
"Stream Preferences"
that you can use to always remove unwanted audio and subtitles.
See pic:screenshot-clonedvd-3.en.png

As you can see it has anything that is in selected title. And those preference changes will stay until you change it.

i never remove the AC3/2 tracks or AC3/5 ones. Not once have i had commentary track in my years of doing DVD's
That's why you don't have the problem then(!)

Director commentary only occurs when the wrong track is un-checked.
And if people are aiming to get (near) 100% quality by going from DVD9>DVD5, certain tracks get unchecked...

I have found that when I get instances of commentary for the vision impaired or Director's comments I go to the speakers settings in PowerDVD. I usually find that in the case of this unsolicited commentary occurring the speaker settings have been changed. Changing them back to stereo or two speakers solves the problem for me. I can't say that this applies in all cases.

Howdy folks, longtime user here, first post.
Very recently we started having the same problem here. Every DVD now gives us the commentary for the visually impaired. English Dolby AC-3/2 is checked, and must be unchecked and English Dolby AC-3/6 must be checked. This changing of settings makes a proper DVD, but my poor brother Jay who is the DVD fanatic here has Alzheimers plus vision problems from mini-strokes, so it is all he can do to get a copy made using default settings. But now those default settings always give the commentary. Updated to the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but no change.

Regarding the Alzheimers? Perhaps the simplest solution will work. Write it down like this or something

To Disable DVD Commentary track
On the Audio stream selection screen
  • UNTICK stream(s) marked AC3/2
  • Make sure stream(s) marked AC3/6 is ticked

It's as simple as that.

I remove audio languages ALL the time from my DVD's, i often see a director's commentary track. I've never once had the problem where commentary results as default. Is the box up top ticked to keep menu's intact.

All i'm doing is

1. Launch CDVD2
2. Middle button: Clone DVD
3. Load Source, press next
4. Disable unwanted language streams <== on this screen at the top make sure Keep menu's intact is enabled. That setting may be causing the problematic behavior if unticked?
5. Click Next and select desired output (ISO/Folder/Drive
6. Hit "Go"

0 issues, ever.

Regarding the Alzheimers? Perhaps the simplest solution will work. Write it down like this or something

It's as simple as that.

I remove audio languages ALL the time from my DVD's, i often see a director's commentary track. I've never once had the problem where commentary results as default. Is the box up top ticked to keep menu's intact.

All i'm doing is

1. Launch CDVD2
2. Middle button: Clone DVD
3. Load Source, press next
4. Disable unwanted language streams <== on this screen at the top make sure Keep menu's intact is enabled. That setting may be causing the problematic behavior if unticked?
5. Click Next and select desired output (ISO/Folder/Drive
6. Hit "Go"

0 issues, ever.

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately for Jay, he simply cannot do any checking or unchecking, it is beyond him now, as is reading any instructions. I had never noticed "Preserve Menus" but now that I look it is checked. Just not sure why the default settings now give the commentary whereas they did not previously.

Does the afore mentioned fix also include the DVS (Descriptive Video Services) audio? Nothing more annoying than listening to someone describe everything that is happening. Would be more appropriate if it ware an audio book instead of a movie.

Back