• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

people are successfully using vpns with anystream? any tips?

terminaltrip421

I was under the impression that virtually any streamer is too well aware of which servers are used to provide vpn services to get it to work. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get bbc iplayer to work with a vpn I used to have through my usenet provider.

so people who are using vpns successfully do you have accounts in each region or does the vpn do the trick? any recommendations or are virtually all vpns working? I assume you're just connecting through the vpn and there's no other setting needing adjusting or..? any and all help is greatly appreciated.

edit: with a search I saw that someone had recommended https://www.usunlocked.com/, I don't imagine there's similar for other countries? I'm actually in the US and hoping to connect to canada and perhaps others.

Last edited:
yes i am able to grab from amazon us using vpn, i pmd u

My experience is that you don't need more than one account on Netflix. With a working VPN you can access all the titles available in another country. However, VPNs will often be locked out by Netflix, and it may differ from country to country, or even from one day to the next. The better VPN providers will try to keep up with the obstacles Netflix will erect.

Amazon Prime is trickier. With a VPN you may be able to access some content in other countries, but not everything. It may depend on where your account has been registered.

Yeah...A Prime is more difficult. With my native US account I can access UK (Britain), DE (Germany) and JP (Japan) using VPN, but I had to setup a separate CA (Canada) account to access content there.

This site supports dozens of streaming services
Code:
Smart DNS Proxy

Yeah...A Prime is more difficult. With my native US account I can access UK (Britain), DE (Germany) and JP (Japan) using VPN, but I had to setup a separate CA (Canada) account to access content there.

Which vpn exactly works with all three?

It’s worth bearing in mind that if you have a Netflix account based in an EU country (or the UK, presently), you will still see content from your home country if you connect via a VPN service to another EU country.

For example, I am in the UK, and I have a UK Netflix account. There was a movie that I wanted to download that is available only in France, Spain and Portugal.

In order to download it, I had to set up a US account, then connect through a VPN server in France to view the French catalogue.

ExpressVPN does not work with amazon prime in France.
maybe we need an added country settings in AnyConnect for France?

Amazon Prime Video can be a little more difficult. It’s not just your geographical location that defines which content you can access. It’s also affected by the region of your Amazon account.

Anybody using or familiar with Private Internet Access VPN using AS? They seem to be in all the right countries and have very good pricing. Thanks

Based off the little bit of testing I did with PIA I would say don't use them if you'd like to access content in other regions. Amazon was quick to detect almost all their US servers. I was able to use AS on only one of their US servers and wasn't able to get any UK to work. So I stopped there and based off of users success and tips on this forum I switched to NordVPN and it's been smooth sailing from day one. That's just my experience with PIA. They are a fine day to day VPN just not optimized for our needs with AS.

Based off the little bit of testing I did with PIA I would say don't use them if you'd like to access content in other regions. Amazon was quick to detect almost all their US servers. I was able to use AS on only one of their US servers and wasn't able to get any UK to work. So I stopped there and based off of users success and tips on this forum I switched to NordVPN and it's been smooth sailing from day one. That's just my experience with PIA. They are a fine day to day VPN just not optimized for our needs with AS.

Thank you very much..Cirsyn. I'll avoid them. Looks like PIA VPN throughput is inconsistent over time as well. Seems like NordVPN is the way to go for me..

Nordvpn isn't much better. I use ExpressVPN.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's very difficult to recommend any particular VPN provider.

They all have their pros and cons. What works today may not work tomorrow. It's a game of cat and mouse where the streaming services will try to limit the access, and the VPN providers will try to circumvent those restrictions. The best VPN providers are those that will react fast when their IP-addresses are blocked by the streaming services.

Most VPN providers will offer a free trial or a full refund within a limited time. You can try them out and see for yourself whether or not they will suit your needs.

I've been using ExpressVPN for some years, and they have been reasonably good, but it's not a "one size fits all" solution. For example, they have not been able to unlock Danish and Finnish public service television, which Surfshark can do.

Last edited:
I can say that PrivateVPN works well and also SmartDNS Proxy - using both at different times depending on what's happening.

can you help me out with how you signed up for an account with amazon canada? I assume you had to have a (virtual) canadian credit card and my research hasn't revealed any clear ways of getting one.

Back