• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Peacemaker (1997) - New Release is a BD-R that's been unencrypted with AnyDVD

fatpizza

Interesting thing happened today. Received my copy of the newly released Peacemaker (1997 Film) Blu-Ray, and as I do with all releases I rip a backup to mkv using Makemkv.
Now keep in mind this was purchased from and shipped by Amazon themselves, not a third party seller.
Unbeknowst to me this was actually a 'Manufactured on Demand' disc so it came on a BD-R.
Anyways when I went to open the disc in Makemkv, it warned me that AnyDVD was running when it wasn't. This happens to me only when I open a disc in makemkv that's been previously decrypted by AnyDVD.
So I browsed the disc and lo and behold, there's an ANY! folder on the root of the disc with no AACS folder in sight.

I was still unable to open the disc in MakeMKV as it came up with a bunch of read errors so I tried decrypting it to an ISO using AnyDVD. AnyDVD actually showed 'Found & removed 10 potential bad sector protections!' when prcoessing the disc. And the subsequent ISO I ripped would still not work in MakeMKV.
However if I left AnyDVD running, then opened the actual disc in Makemkv, I was able to make my backup.

Is anyone else aware of a 'retail' release receiving this kind of treatment? I was really surprised to see an official release that'd been decrypted by AnyDVD!

Back