• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PE_FENALDO.A Virus Found

goininsane

VCOM SystemSuite found a
virus. PE_FENALDO.A inside AnyDVD.exe , 6107 and higher.
CloneCD5301 also. The virus also ended up inside my
System Volume _restore files.

This destructive, polymorphic, memory-resident, and multi-threaded Win32 virus infects EXE files (Windows executables) in the local drives and in Local Area Networks. It has a backdoor component that can upgrade or upload other malware from a remote location using its client program.

I was able to delete the file, but i can't use the trial,
and would love to try it.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I've scanned it here with f-prot and it shows all clean, I suspect that your AV software might be reporting a false positive.

VCOM SystemSuite found a
virus. PE_FENALDO.A inside AnyDVD.exe , 6107 and higher.
CloneCD5301 also. The virus also ended up inside my
System Volume _restore files.

This destructive, polymorphic, memory-resident, and multi-threaded Win32 virus infects EXE files (Windows executables) in the local drives and in Local Area Networks. It has a backdoor component that can upgrade or upload other malware from a remote location using its client program.

I was able to delete the file, but i can't use the trial,
and would love to try it.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
This is a false positive. I have Kapersky Internet Security Suite , it updates every 4 mins, it reports no such thing.

Last edited:
ok then tell me how i can use AnyDVD without uninstalling my entire SystemSuite which found a virus that says it is destructive? It will not even open AnyDVD.exe. it deletes the file and says i have to re-install.

Whenever i scanned the INSTALL file, 1.21Mb, it says no viruses present. ONLY after i run the install does it show on the virus scan IMMEDIATELY as soon as install is finished, kicking it out as viral. HEELLLPPPP !!!!!

Whenever i scanned the INSTALL file, 1.21Mb, it says no viruses present. ONLY after i run the install does it show on the virus scan IMMEDIATELY as soon as install is finished, kicking it out as viral. HEELLLPPPP !!!!!

Well, first off make sure you downloaded it from Slysoft and it isn't cracked. I'm not saying you did crack it but that's one way to get a virus. I, however, suspect this is a false positive so I recommend the following: (1) contact your AV software vendor and report the false positive and attach the file being detected as infected and let them sort it out and (2) in the meantime you can add the file to your exclusion list and you AV won't keep showing you warning messages.

I keep a copy of all the past updated programmes for AnyDvd and CloneDvd (just habit) and all scanned clean with my Kaspersky Internet Security which is set to update every 1 hour.
False Positive I'm afraid :confused:

No Virus in AnyDVD

I have had AnyDVD for several years now, I have never had my Anti-Virus report a Virus . Not in the program or otherwise. It would have to be a false positive or a crack. I see no other way this could be reported as a Virus. I Totally Trust Slysoft!:agree:

Unless he has a virus on his system that keeps replicating. In which case, that'd suck.

Good point, but the OP didn't get the virus originally from Slysoft's website.

No question of that...slysoft takes good care of us in that regard. Yet another reason to make sure you always download directly from slysoft's site. :)

I don't suspect this as a false positive. I suspect this as a crack. I notice he hasn't stated where he got it. Maybe somebody is trying to get a freebie?

There's no use in speculating on whether he's using a crack or not. If he is, he deserves the virus. LOL. If not, well, then it just plain sucks.

There's no use in speculating on whether he's using a crack or not. If he is, he deserves the virus. LOL. If not, well, then it just plain sucks.

And as I already said... if they aren't they should report it to the AV vendor. The last that I knew SystemSuite was a V-Com product and I believe their AV is licensed through Trend Micro. If it's a false positive they need to inform their vendor of it. I'm actually a bit surprised I was the only person in the thread to mention contacting the AV company.

Of course Slysoft can also contact V-Com and work on it but regardless no one should just accept it and it's really not Slysoft at fault... it's the AV and their signatures over-reacting.

And as I already said... if they aren't they should report it to the AV vendor. The last that I knew SystemSuite was a V-Com product and I believe their AV is licensed through Trend Micro. If it's a false positive they need to inform their vendor of it. I'm actually a bit surprised I was the only person in the thread to mention contacting the AV company.

Of course Slysoft can also contact V-Com and work on it but regardless no one should just accept it and it's really not Slysoft at fault... it's the AV and their signatures over-reacting.

I agree with you completely on that. This is similar to the Spysweeper nonsense in the CDF forum a few weeks ago. Overly agressive protection programs are sometimes worse than no protection...sometimes. :) But yes, they should definitely contact the AV vendor on this.

May I suggest you turn off your virus scan before you download AnyDVD and then turn it back on after you finish now that you have established that AnyDVD does not have the virus...

Back