• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PDVD & Vista Aero

nrmsmith

Everytime I try and playback a blu-ray disc or ISO with PDVD (even the latest 3730) it kicks my Vista Aero into basic mode. A bit annoying. I have an NVidia 9600GT (512MB VRAM) and 4GB (well 3.2GB) or RAM in use by Vista.

Does this happen for anyone else, or do I have an NVidia driver issue. Can't see how they can claim to be Vista compatible if it won't co-exist with Aero (Nero Showtime plays OK under Aero).

/N/

It's by design. Cyberlink doesn't apparently know how to program very well for Vista. So yes, it happens to all of us.

Well turning off aero will leave more gpu/cpu power for the movie playback.

And really the bug is with vista not powerdvd.
MS uses some AI to detect if it should turn it off.
Much like the UAC will prompt for admin access if the app title contains words such as update,upgrade,setup,install etc... even if its not actually needed.

Last edited:
Ok, fine, we'll blame MS then. I don't care who's to blame. I shut Aero off completely on my HTPC cause it bothers me when it switches.

I believe it's actually nVidia/ATi. The newest drivers (only for the 9600 right now) allow aero to run while playing a movie (I think I read that somewhere). So once they incorporate those changes for the other cards, at least the 8xxx and 9xxx series should be ok.

Back