Pc Shuts Down

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Owen, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Owen

Owen New Member

I switched form Norton to PC-cillin. When I put in any CD or DVD disc, my PC shuts down. I tried safe-mode, but I still have the problem. Any suggestions.
    Thank you, Owen

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Is PC-cillin an internet security program?

3. Owen

Owen New Member

Yes it is.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Keep your license key backed up.
    Uninstall Anydvd. Insert disc.

Does your computer still shut down?

5. Charlie

You need to edit the settings to allow AnyDVD's driver to the program then. Just guessing here though.

6. Owen

Owen New Member

That was my guess too. Just a bit shaky about doing it. I'll let you know if it works. Dinner now. Thanks.

7. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

You can try as Charlie suggested. I haven't been around any Trend Micro softwares for quite some time but there should be a way to allow AnyDVD to start...if in fact PCcillin is the problem. The PC should not shut down when a CD or DVD is inserted because of an Internet Security suite.
    My first thought would be to disable PCcillin from starting on boot.....reboot.... insert a disc.

8. Charlie

I'm thinking the same to be honest but went with what would be said about Norton or Zone Alarm for the moment. AIO protection shouldn't cause a reboot personally though unless the AIO is too much for the PC?

9. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

The AIO would already be loaded before the insertion of a disc so that should not cause any excessive demand on the CPU or RAM.
    My very first thought was a hardware problem......that is the most common cause of the OP's problem when crashes occur in Safe Mode.
    For simplicity sake, I suggested the disabling of the AIO to determine if that software is the problem.