• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PC Freeze

1) None of my DVDs are scratched. I take very good care of my DVDs and CDs to ensure that they are kept clean and not scratched. I guess I can tolerate the slow load on some of my discs as long as they load and play.

Again, these discs will take longer to read: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Otherwise, unless there are mastering defects in the discs (which isn't uncommon) Anydvd should not take very long to scan the discs.

It's very important, by the way that the filters I mentioned previously are no longer listed in your registry.

Will CloneDVD make a better copy than using a DVD copy software such as "NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7 Gold"?

Having never used NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7 Gold, I have no idea. I think it would be safe to say that if you want to help ensure compatibility with Anydvd, Clonedvd would be a safer choice.

That said, if you want the best picture quality possible, I recommend this method: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Last edited:
Status on PC Freeze

1) The Dell PC no longer freezes.

2) If I disable cdralw2k, then reboot the Dell, I no longer have a DVD drive. If I don't disable it, I have a DVD drive, and can play discs, although some take a long time to read. It still shows up in the Upper Filters.

The slow to read discs are region 1. If I un-install AnyDVD or don't let it load on system start up, they load and play right away in Windows Media Player. I just tried Catch 22 again, and it played fine. As previously stated, I can probably tolerate the slow read as long as they play. Another alternative might be to not have AnyDVD load when the PC is started, but to load it when I need to use it.

3) A little research says that cdralw2k.sys was supplied with Media Player 7 in W2K. Well the Dell PC is on MP 10 and XP Pro. However the hard drive was replaced back in May, so the file must have been copied to the HD when XP Pro was re-installed. Typical Microsoft.

4) Well today is my last trial day on the Dell, so if I don't get it resolved in the next hour or so, I will be SOL. :rolleyes: The workweek does not allow a lot of time to mess with PCs what with BBQing, cutting grass, weeding, doing laundry, building a fireplace, building cornices, work that earns cash etc.

More later, time permitting.

Version 10 of Window's Media Player is standard on XP w/SP1.
Version 7 is standard on XP w/o SP1.

Didn't solve my problem

I understand that cdralw2k may have come with MP7, but this PC had XP Pro re-installed and is on SP2 and MP10. If I delete or disable cdralw2k, I have no DVD or CD drive.

I understand that cdralw2k may have come with MP7, but this PC had XP Pro re-installed and is on SP2 and MP10. If I delete or disable cdralw2k, I have no DVD or CD drive.

I have WMP11 on my system. I don't have that filter in my registry.
In all likelyhood deleting cdralw2k.sys in addition to removing the filter would probably resolve not having a dvd or cd drive
upon reboot.

Regardless, removing cdralw2k is not as important as removing the other filters I mentioned--in particular, CDR4_2K and cdr4_xp.

By the way, you should be uninstalling the programs that installed those entries. Again, cdralw2k probably isn't worth much of a concern.

http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html

Cdralw2k - Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6

Last edited:

I have cdralw2k in my Upper Filters and have no problem with AnyDVD, CloneDVD or CloneCD. There must be another problem.

Back