• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paying With A Visa Card When You Don't Have A Visa Card

Can attest to this, it works! Screwed up the first time though.

Went to Walmart and asked for a GreenDot MoneyCard, they said they didn't have any so saw "Visa" and just grabbed that. Turns out it was a "gift" card and did me no good.

So I went online to Walmart and ordered the proper card Walmart Money Card with GreenDot.

Came in the mail. Went to walmart last night, put $150 to be safe. Got home, went to AnyDVD purchase site, put in info and blam, instant email with key and using it now.

Big props to OP.

Yup, works perfectly!

I followed the same path and after activating the card was able to purchase AnyDVD. Patience is the key here; once you order the card and you'll have to wait a few days. That's less of a headache than trying to convince your other Visa issuer that you've okay'd the original purchase that keeps getting shut down.

Can attest to this, it works! Screwed up the first time though.

Went to Walmart and asked for a GreenDot MoneyCard, they said they didn't have any so saw "Visa" and just grabbed that. Turns out it was a "gift" card and did me no good.

So I went online to Walmart and ordered the proper card Walmart Money Card with GreenDot.

Came in the mail. Went to walmart last night, put $150 to be safe. Got home, went to AnyDVD purchase site, put in info and blam, instant email with key and using it now.

Big props to OP.
I have been telling this to people for awhile now. Put a few bucks more on the Walmart card, you can use it for anything anywhere. This is so it wont get held up for a few cents by the card issuer.

Thanks OP! After using my kid's VISA debit and was bank-rejected (and my kid didn't want to white-list anyone), I was thinking about going to my other bank to get another VISA debit, or WM. Your post saved me more trial & error. WM it is.

What confused me was a mis-informed clerk when I ask about the embossed card. The Walmart clerk told me it was all ready to go, I don't need to do anything else and the embossed card will arrive automatically. It hits me as I get into the parking lot to leave - how does it (the bank) know what name I want to put on there. I went back in to ask the the clerk and the answer was ummmm's and hmmm's from a total confused clerk. In fact I must go to the card's website to register/activate the card first to get the embossed card. After the card got here, purchase went just perfect.

I've been non-HD lifetime. I got lifetime for all three products just to show support. I am sure I will find some use for CloneCD and CloneDVDMobile. Now, for the "lifetime" I will be able to avoid lugging the actual DVD around.

Glad to be back with the fox!

Thanks OP! After using my kid's VISA debit and was bank-rejected (and my kid didn't want to white-list anyone), I was thinking about going to my other bank to get another VISA debit, or WM. Your post saved me more trial & error. WM it is.

What confused me was a mis-informed clerk when I ask about the embossed card. The Walmart clerk told me it was all ready to go, I don't need to do anything else and the embossed card will arrive automatically. It hits me as I get into the parking lot to leave - how does it (the bank) know what name I want to put on there. I went back in to ask the the clerk and the answer was ummmm's and hmmm's from a total confused clerk. In fact I must go to the card's website to register/activate the card first to get the embossed card. After the card got here, purchase went just perfect.

I've been non-HD lifetime. I got lifetime for all three products just to show support. I am sure I will find some use for CloneCD and CloneDVDMobile. Now, for the "lifetime" I will be able to avoid lugging the actual DVD around.

Glad to be back with the fox!

That seems to be a common thing at Walmart.
Glad you got it setup and licensing purchased with it.
This is the route to take for EVERYONE in the US who still has a issue with CC purchasing using their bank issued card.
Thanks for posting your experience here.

Last edited:
Hi new guy and first poster here. :) Nice to meet you all. I just wanted to say Thank You for this thread. I held lifetime licenses for CloneDVD and AnyDVD for years. Now for the last few days I have been trying to buy a new lifetime license from Redfox and kept getting fraud alert automated calls. I got a lifetime CloneBD through Elby tonight via PayPal, I wish that option was offered here.. but I understand the reason it isn't. I saw this thread and immediately went to the link and got signed up for the greendot card. I have my temp info, but once my plastic card gets here, I will be ordering my lifetime license for AnyDVDHD right after. Heck, maybe a promo will be happening by then lol. Anyway, I just wanted to express my appreciation. Long live the fox!

I bought a Walmart Money Card online and received it in the mail a couple of days ago. It was a pain trying to get money into the card online, so I ended up just going to Walmart and loading it up. I then tried to use it here to buy software, but the transaction was declined twice.

WokTheDog

Don't know why it would be declined, unless you didn't put quite enough money on it. They may have automatically charged you some administrative fees that reduced your balance. Also, since you loaded it at Wal-Mart, perhaps it will take a day for the balance to show up on your account.

I suggest going to your WMMC account and check the balance to see if it is at least enough to cover the purchase price at Red Fox.

I bought a Walmart Money Card online and received it in the mail a couple of days ago. It was a pain trying to get money into the card online, so I ended up just going to Walmart and loading it up. I then tried to use it here to buy software, but the transaction was declined twice.

WokTheDog

Since Walmart sells a number gift card/money card products and the clerks are not exactly (shall we say) top shelf quality...

Double checking - to make sure you have the VISA DEBIT card:
(1) Does it have a VISA logo on it?
(2) Does it have YOUR NAME on it?
(3) Was it issued by GreenDot Bank?

If #1 or #2 is not true, you have the wrong card. Otherwise, it could be Walmart switching partnering bank with different policy/features, or GreenDot changed policy!

If #1 is true and #2 is not true, you have the right card, but you have the temporary card. You need extra steps to get it working. Read on...

If you have the wrong card, you could use your gift card to buy a the VISA DEBIT card. Look at the display rack(s) with gift/money cards, find the one with the VISA logo. When you purchase it, you can load it up with money right at time-of-purchase without charge. You walk out of the store with this temporary VISA debit card - but you can't use that yet... Read on

Now with this temporary card, you can't use that for international purchase yet. You have to get on Walmart Money card website to get it working. If I recall, the website info is on the packaging material of the card or the back of the card. Fill out the forms on the website, then they will mail you one with YOUR Name. Once you get that one with your embossed name, you are good to go.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

ps: Please let us know the answers to the three questions so the rest of us can benefit from your experience.

FoxTheCat

Last edited:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Its not a temporary card. I activated the card and put $150 into it. It still shows $150 balance. The first time I used the wrong phone number, then I tried again with the correct one. Both denied.

WokTheDog

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Its not a temporary card. I activated the card and put $150 into it. It still shows $150 balance. The first time I used the wrong phone number, then I tried again with the correct one. Both denied.

WokTheDog
Just keep trying until it says that it must be done manually. Then @Ivan and crew can see what they can do.

I can't help but wonder if WokTheDoc purchased a Wal-Mart VISA gift card by mistake. From the comments in his posts this seems unlikely, but I still have to recommend having another look at the card. WM VISA gift cards are basically a debit card, but cannot be used for international purchases.

I can confirm that the Visa ( Pre-Paid ) from Walmart works flawless, I just used it less then a week ago and almost instant license emailed. It was the way to go for me because i didn't want my real Visa exposed to the net.

Any option for this card in canada? i only have mastercard, so options are limited.

I live in Louisiana, so I can't get much farther from Canada. :) But just go to your local Wal-Mart and ask for a Wal-Mart Money Card with a VISA logo on it. If the employee(s) don't know much detail about the card, read the instructions that come with it. Load it up with the Canadian equivalent of about $150.00, or $150.00 if it is allowed. The purpose here is that the actual purchase price of your license will be directly dependent upon the currency exchange rate at the time your purchase processes through the VISA system.

Next step is to follow the instructions that come with the card so you can go on-line and register your name, address, etc. After that you should receive your permanent (plastic) card embossed with your name on it. When you get that you are good to go for international purchases. Until then you can only make local purchases with the temporary card.

Keep in mind that your new WMMC account will incur monthly fees and processing fees for deposits, etc. So watch your balance. If you don't want to keep the card on a continuing basis, purchase your Red Fox license and then spend the balance before your first 30 days is up. If the card balance is zero at that time, it should cancel itself.

Wal-Mart sells two types of gift cards - the card that is only good at Wal-Mart (no VISA logo), and a VISA gift (debit) card that most people purchase as a gift for someone. The latter can be used most anywhere but not for international purchases. Typically you load X amount of money on that card and it becomes your gift to that person.

Just make sure you get a "Wal-Mart Money Card" with the VISA logo. The also have WMMC with a MasterCard logo in the USA - probably in Canada also. Those won't work at Red Fox.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if it worked OK for you in Canada.

The pre-paid Visa card from Walmart i used is not the one you get in store. You must order it online and it comes in the mail with your name on it. I never had a problem with it here or anywhere else where i didn't want my real CC numbers exposed on the net.

If you have this same card it's very simple if your denied purchase. Call the 800 number on the back of the card and they will remove the block if any. Before you call make sure the card is loaded with the correct amount before paying. I never loaded it online either i just went to the local walmart and loaded it which costs a $3.00 fee. Remember there is a small foreign tariff of a few dollars because it is a out of the country purchase. Something like $3.85USD and looks like this.

CROSS BORDER FEE
Miscellaneous/Bill Pay (BP) -$3.85

I loaded my card with 200.00 USD, Just because i'd use the extra cash up anyway. If your denied it's because you made to many error's some place. Again simple as picking up the phone in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Green Dot worked perfectly today!
It usually works great all the time. I wish people would read your post and realize this is the way to buy it, besides Bitcoin which is just as easy if you gave it a chance and with Bitcoin you get an extra 10% discount. Welcome to the community.

Thanks RedFox1 !
You all have built a really great community here with real feedback and help. Glad to finally be here:)
I know Bitcoin works and works very well...it's just tough to teach this old dog new tricks:(

Back