• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pause during playback

NordicRX8

I have read elsewhere that this pause is due to an improper (rushed) copy. I always thought this "pause" was caused by the player moving from one layer to the second layer on the original disc, and it was the player itself that didn't cache the files properly, when you noticed this pause.

So which is it?

Poor Copy
or
Switching layers

or Both?

I have noticed this "pause" on original as well as "burned" discs.

If you're talking about the split second pause on original movie disc, or DL disc, it's the layer change. You don't see it on some players, because the buffer size keeps it smooth playing. I've never noticed it on a compressed copy. Will try to remember to see if I notice it on the next movie.........

If you're talking about the split second pause on original movie disc, or DL disc, it's the layer change. You don't see it on some players, because the buffer size keeps it smooth playing. I've never noticed it on a compressed copy. Will try to remember to see if I notice it on the next movie.........

yep, but seem to notice it more with backups than original discs. Also, I notice it ALOT more on my SONY p.o.s. than the cheapo APEX player. Can't believe a 'value' player works better than "top tier" manufacturer. :disagree: :rolleyes:

edit: come to think of it... I never noticed the layer pause on my old pioneer... gonna have to hook it up just to verify.

Last edited:
Back