• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paul Blart: Mall cop problems

Crysdad

Mall cop refuses to be recognized by either of my DVD burnners, but plays on my home DVD recorder. Is this a new Sony DRM ?

Mall cop refuses to be recognized by either of my DVD burnners, but plays on my home DVD recorder. Is this a new Sony DRM ?

It is probably a defective disc.

This disc took longer than normal to be scanned. It does contain protection but it should not prevent the disc from being scanned or recognized by AnyDVD or your computer.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of AnyDVD which is AnyDVD 6.5.5.2 beta: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6552.exe

Insert the disc and wait for up to 10 minutes for the disc to be scanned. I would suggest having balloon tips enabled. The balloon tip should keep showing that the disc is scanning until it is completed.

I suspect that if it is failing on all your drives and your DVD recorder that James is correct and that the disc is bad but it wouldn't hurt to do as I instructed above.

Please do the following, as well:

1. Download ImgBurn (freeware): http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
  2. Install it.
  3. Start ImgBurn.
  4. From the toolbar select Tools.
  5. Select Filter Driver Load Order.
  6. Click on the Copy to Clipboard button.
  7. Click OK.
  8. Click OK.
  9. Exit ImgBurn.
  10. Post a reply here and paste the information into your post.

You can try what I suggested and do what I just posted above but you may wish to just exchange the disc. Make absolutely sure you are using AnyDVD 6.5.5.2 beta before trying to see if the disc will be read.

I suspect that if it is failing on all your drives and your DVD recorder that James is correct and that the disc is bad but it wouldn't hurt to do as I instructed above.

Disc plays on DVD recorder. But it could be bad disc as well very common know a days.

I had no issues ripping the blu image, and playing back on WinDVD 9 and PowerDVD...

I had no issues ripping the blu image, and playing back on WinDVD 9 and PowerDVD...

However, we are discussing the standard DVD and not the BD release so this isn't helpful in the AnyDVD forum.

I had the same problem, but downloaded AnyDVD 6.5.5.2 BETA and it still didn't work at first. I just whiped the disc down and re-inserted it. I had to mess with it a few times but it worked after awhile.

I had the same problem, but downloaded AnyDVD 6.5.5.2 BETA and it still didn't work at first. I just whiped the disc down and re-inserted it. I had to mess with it a few times but it worked after awhile.

Well, there are two important points to be made:

1. Even on a fast system this disc will take 30 seconds to scan. On older and slower systems it's possible the scanning process could conceivably take up to 10 minutes as has been known to happen in the past with some discs.
  2. It would appear from reading in these forums and looking in some other forums that there may have been bad batches of pressed discs for this movie release so there may be a bunch of bad discs being sold.

People should give AnyDVD up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before ejecting. If the scanning process never occurs then something else is going on and it may be a bad disc or something else may be causing the problem such as problematic filters, etc.

In your case, I'm glad you finally got it sorted out.

Back