• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

pata drive doesn't show in AnyDVD when used with an adaptor

Eman Resu

I often use an old PATA dvd drive for ripping dvds. It is connected via a PATA to USB adaptor to a USB port. It works perfectly with my OS (Win 7), but the drive doesn't show in AnyDVD (I: in the attached picture). Both DVD Shrink and CloneDVD2 can see the drive.
My other external usb dvd drive, connected directly to a usb port, works fine with AnyDVD (G: in the attached picture). I tried both USB2 and USB3 and even tried the "Aggressive scan for drives" option.
It's NOT a big deal as I have 2 other drives, but I'm just saying..

Attachments

• nodvddrive_I.jpg
    nodvddrive_I.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 14
I guess the reason is that PATA -> USB adapter that is most likely only meant to attach hard discs and doesn't support all commands needed for optical drives.

Update: it's been working fine now for some time, so I guess it was just something temporary..

Back