Paranormal Activity BR - PDVD Freezes

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by psgolfer, Jan 5, 2010.

1. psgolfer

psgolfer Well-Known Member

Hi All, I seem to be having a problem with this disc. I have ripped to ISO, tried playing the original with and without anydvd hd enabled and every time PDVD freezes after I select "Play Original Movie" from the two options, the other being "Play Movie with Alternate Ending".

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have not tried the disc on my Panasonic stand alone blu ray player yet.

Cheers

2. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Could be anything, have no system specs or log file

3. Bowhunters

Bowhunters Well-Known Member

Have you tried using AnyDVD to rip the BluRay file structure to your HD and then playing the files with PDVD off your HD?

4. psgolfer

Here is the log, this disc will play on my pany blu ray but not on the HTPC. PDVD version is 7.3

Attached Files:

5. psgolfer

I'm not sure how this approach would differ from ripping to image and just mounting the iso? The disc will not play at all past the opening choices of "play movie" or "play movie with alternate ending"

6. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

System specs?

7. psgolfer

Such as? It's a quad core AMD athlon, 4600+, 2 GB Ram, that I have had for almost 3 years and has played every blu ray, hd dvd and sling box program.

PDVD just freezes as it tries to load the movie. I have no idea what information the log file provides, I'm just curious why this movie?

8. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

like graphics card with driver version?

9. psgolfer

ATI Radeon 4350 driver version 8.650.0.0.

I did recently install a program called log me in, I see it in the device manager under the display properties.

Anything else you can think of?

10. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Do other discs still work?

11. psgolfer

Well don't I feel like an ass hat (not sure what that is, but it isn't flattering).

After I disabled the Log Me In Mirror driver and rebooted the cpu, everything now works like a charm.

I am wondering if anyone else has ever had dealings with logmein? I am typing in different ways in case someone else down the road has the same problem and chooses to do a forum search.

What about you Adbear, any history with this program?

12. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I never use remote access software