• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Paramount+ in germany

DeepSpace

P+ is supposed to start tomorrow, but I wanted to take a look at the new bitrate feature, so I opened AS. Somehow jumped to the P+ tab and saw new buttons to login?!
Of course I did immediately.

Unfortunately, they don't have PayPal for some dumb reason. Only Credit Card.
However, it was good because I needed that time.
If you buy it now, you only have to pay 60€ for the first year, that is 5€ per month instead of 8€. Just make sure that you can see the code "pplusgsalaunch2022"
2022-12-07_164836.png

I did one test download first to see if anything changed to the multi-audio feature. However, english was saved as the first track and german as the second. So, unfortunately, it is absolutely useless for me as I would have to remux all files or at least somehow change the position of the tracks manually.

The /amazon site doesn't work, so either it isn't active yet or there won't be a channel for germany. Would be sad, since they already have some Star Trek there and the Quality would be better than P+, if the audio should stay as bad as it is now (it is like Hulu, however I hope that it is only because I am one day early. And when I used the VPN I got way better audio. So I really hope it is only a fluke. But that also means I have to wait until tomorrow to see it, and can't download anything today, except making tests).

Anyway, I am very happy that there is now Prodigy and Voyager as well, same to the other stuff like TNG and the movies that haven't shown up when using the VPN at all. And Voyager seems to be good quality, at least it is the same resolution Amz had when I bought the first season for 5€ recently (the others are 20 and that is insane), but I haven't checked it yet since I am writing this.
Either way, very happy to finally have access to it, so the audio would be a downside, but the video always was the problem and when I made a quick listen to the first episode of Prodigy, I couldn't hear a difference (no direct comparison and only what I had in mind, also speakers, not headphones).
They also seem to have the other episodes of the second batch available, I don't have them yet. When I had P+, only the first 8 or so were available.

Thanks for adding the bitrate feature, it was the perfect time right now.
I was wondering if Voyager really is that bad (not bad, but I thought it is not as good as Amz was) and indeed, AS says that the bitrate for the highest res 768*576 is just 1MB/s, but the bitrate for 720*540 is 5,75 MB/s.
I will not download it now because I want to wait if the audio changes tomorrow, but it saved me testing and looking at the file properties as I could just see it in AS itself. :thankyou:

One thing I almost forgot, after logging in into the (unpaid) P+ account, AS gave me a dump file. Attached.
I think it was just a fluke, because after restarting it into the still unpaid account, it loaded perfectly and I could interact with the site. Everything was greyed out of course, but it was still very good because (in opposite to the website...) I could already see TNG and Prodigy.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.9.0_Dump_20221207154257.astdmp
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
To get the cover pictures, just right-click them, open new tab and then you can just modify the URL.
For example, the URL for the Voyager thumbnail is
Code:
https://wwwimage-intl.pplusstatic.com/thumbnails/photos/w370-q80/show_asset/25/88/95/show_asset_5481a4ee-b59e-4ee4-b3ff-9f3cd8344257.jpg
You can then modify this to whatever you want, it seem to be a parameter for the file generator. I could even input 10000 and it reacted, so it is a parameter. The file I got there is 1400x2100, so this would be the highest thing. I then tried Prodigy, and even though it is new, it also gives me 1400x2100. So that seems to be their highest resolution.
Of course you should change the quality parameter to 100, although there is no big difference. There is one for sure, as the files for Prodigy are 435kb vs 577kb, but you can only see it if you zoom in and directly compare them. It is sharper, but if you only use it for preview thumbnails in your folder or TV, then it is not important if you don't care. Only if you print it or something.
I of course will always go for q100.

I'm testing the Pramount+ and I checked Star Trek TNG the video quality is much better compared to Netflix but there is no high quality 5.1 Audio

I'm testing the Pramount+ and I checked Star Trek TNG the video quality is much better compared to Netflix but there is no high quality 5.1 Audio
Haven't checked TNG yet, that will come later. But it doesn't surprise me that it is better than NF. I've seen that they don't remove the black bars, but as you will most probably know, NF has a low bitrate.

What subtitle languages do you have in germany for the star trek shows?

Exactly. English and german subs, and it seems that they are always full subs. No forced available.

The /amazon site doesn't work, so either it isn't active yet or there won't be a channel for germany.

We have the Paramount+ channel in Amazon.co.uk so hopefully you'll get it as well.

We have the Paramount+ channel in Amazon.co.uk so hopefully you'll get it as well.
The channel exists, but I could not open it. When I clicked on test for 7 days, it opened the P+ website.
I just tried it again and now it works. However, the /amazon site still sends me to the settings page. So I hope that this will come later as well. However, we had to wait for how long and this was not ready on day 1?

Also I just noticed that some episodes are messed up. Season 2 Ep1 is The 37's, but P+ shows it in the wrong name (holo-syndrome). Episode 4 Elogium has the name 37's. Ep2 is called Elogium, but gives me "The nameless", what P+ shows as Ep5...
The Thumbnail of Ep15 belongs to the Ep that has the name of Ep16, same to 16/17. Would've to check for the other episodes, these are the ones I can already see from the thumbnail. Why? How can that happen?
On the other hand, Prodigy already has Ep17, but only in english. The german episodes are till Ep13, then there is a gap. So I think Ep17 shows up by accident and should not.
They had so much time...

Will stop voyager for now and look at DS9, maybe this is better. But not today as I have work to do. I will also notify P+.

Back