• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Paramount Geolocation Service Not Working Correctly Again

Jimc115

Today, ONCE AGAIN, I can't log in because Paramount thinks I am in Canada.
CANCELLATION is getting very near.

AS has no control over where a provider thinks you're located (likely based on where you're IP or something says your are, or however they determine location). AS it's merely a software GUI interface to download, and it submits your credentials securely to that provider. This isn't an AnyStream problem. There's nothing it can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

AS has no control over where a provider thinks you're located (likely based on where you're IP or something says your are, or however they determine location). AS it's merely a software GUI interface to download, and it submits your credentials securely to that provider. This isn't an AnyStream problem. There's nothing it can do.

Pretty sure I didn't say it was an AS problem...thank you though.
This is a known problem with Paramount's Geolocation System and a reason why people get greyed-out screens when they try to download.

I guess your post can be read both ways. I read it in the sense that you couldn't login and were somehow blaming as for it, and wanting to cancel your AS license. Good to read that's not the case

Today, ONCE AGAIN, I can't log in because Paramount thinks I am in Canada.
CANCELLATION is getting very near.
Are sure you have your geolocation settings correctly set in the AS settings panel. This is a new one.

It's not new...you just haven't come across it before. For months about a year ago, I'd try to go to nick.com and it would redirect me to nick.de
AND...that was with a different ISP. If you google it...you'll see complaints from people where their system identifies you in a different country.
This time it just really irritated me....sorry. After getting off the phone with Paramount and another bout of gmails, they refunded the entire subscription
from the start.

I'll just go back to using Amazon.

As I stated...not an AS problem. I would type in paramountplus.com in the browser and it would switch it to paramountplus.com/ca
Last time (last month) it was switching me to paramountplus.se

I guess your post can be read both ways. I read it in the sense that you couldn't login and were somehow blaming as for it, and wanting to cancel your AS license. Good to read that's not the case

Sorry for venting at you...just needed to vent. You're all good and so is AS. I've never had a problem with either of you....lol.

Finally got the admission of guilt e-mail....

Dear Jim,

Thank you for reporting the issue with the requested information. Our technical team is aware of the problem, and we will contact you as soon as it is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Finally got the admission of guilt e-mail....

Dear Jim,

Thank you for reporting the issue with the requested information. Our technical team is aware of the problem, and we will contact you as soon as it is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
I am assuming that's from Paramount+;)

I am assuming that's from Paramount+;)
Yeah...but I've gotten that one before. I just wish they would switch systems that handle their Geolocation. I understand that it may have been
helpful at one time, but even if I jumped to a different country, my login wouldn't work there anyway. I'm actually surprised they refunded
the entire year subscription...I was expecting them to prorate it.

Yeah...but I've gotten that one before. I just wish they would switch systems that handle their Geolocation. I understand that it may have been
helpful at one time, but even if I jumped to a different country, my login wouldn't work there anyway. I'm actually surprised they refunded
the entire year subscription...I was expecting them to prorate it.
I am actually surprised they did that too. Usually they do prorate it.

Just an idea....
It might help to connect using the Paramount+ app on your smartphone with (GPS-) location service enabled and using you WiFi. Maybe Paramount determines then your ISP's real location and "whitelists" your IP.

Just an idea....
It might help to connect using the Paramount+ app on your smartphone with (GPS-) location service enabled and using you WiFi. Maybe Paramount determines then your ISP's real location and "whitelists" your IP.

Tried. Plus the app wouldn't work either.
I think the best solution I saw from another person with the same problem....base it on Zip codes (or postal codes for other countries).
That's tied to your credit card so it's not like it would be easy to cheat.

Back