• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pan's Labarynth and DTS audio problem

Pan's audio

DTS-ES requires some hardware and software... Codec conflicts, or hardware driver issues cause most audio problems with the 6.1. So, download a simple codec check utility & see if you got a problem, and update to your latest sound drivers…If you don’t even have an ES system, then don’t even bother using it (5.1 is still king for flicks)…

Also (and most importantly), the DTS-ES track of Pan's is 657MB, while the Dolby 5.1 is only 394MB... They are the same track, and unless you’re an anal-retentive audiophile, you will not gain any thrilling experiences from DTS’s ES in this flick… In fact, I’ll bet that most theaters this little indie foreign film played in didn’t have ES in them anyway, and I've NEVER had a problem with a Dolby track on any PC's media player...

I personally disabled the DTS audio totally, and got a video quality boost from 56.1% up to 69.2% on a standard 4.7GB.... For an effects filled movie, I'm always going to try to put the least compression as I can on the main video, and what the hell is the point of ES for films? It’s fundamentally AWSOME for games, but for a movie, it’s not even a true track, just an artificial matrix that was remixed in post-production… Dolby is a true 5.1, takes a lot less room, and never causes a problem because Dolby has been around forever, and is automatically accepted by almost all hardware there is…

The movie’s 2-ch. audio, and director’s commentary are both AC3 compression. If you have a problem with those audio tracks as well, you might have a little bit of PC maintenance ahead of you (updates can works wonders)…

Back