PAL not NTSC?

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by ahough, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ahough

ahough Member

I had a football game on my TV's DVR. I recorded this onto a DVD-R disc and wanted to edit out the commercials. I used CloneDVD mobile to convert the video on this disk to an NTSC MPEG2 file. While using Pinnacle Studio to edit out the commercials, I noticed that 'PAL VIDEO' was being displayed on the toolbar. I continued anyway and squeezed the video onto a disk using Nero Recode.

Problem: My Panasonic DMR-ES25 DVD player says this disk is incompatible however it plays fine in my computer.

Attached Files:

2. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Well-Known Member

The disc is probably still in PAL format and you're playing it on an NTSC player.

3. ahough

ahough Member

The point is that I had selected NTSC. Why did this happen?

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Clonedvd mobile doesn't convert PAL to NTSC

5. ahough

ahough Member

My original material was NTSC. I selected NTSC for the conversion using CloneDVD mobile. Somehow I apparently got PAL. This is my question.

6. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Well-Known Member

Most likely you have something set incorrectly in Pinnacle Studio and it's set to convert and output PAL video. Check your settings for that software.

Otherwise; in a rare case... if by football you are referring to Football (international) and not Foot Ball (American) AND you're in the US there's a possibility that the video was broadcast (and recorded) in PAL and the tuner-box was converting (dropping frames) the video to NTSC. Some digital cable services do this (i.e. Charter/TW).

7. ahough

ahough Member

I checked every setting I could find in my Pinnacle software and could only find the NTSC options checked. The recorded material was the ACC championship game recorded on a COMCAST DVR. I suspected that it might be a CloneDVD mobile error since the option I checked was "Generic WMV/WMA (experimental)" to rip the video in the first place.

Thanks for providing suggestions!