• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PAL not NTSC?

ahough

I had a football game on my TV's DVR. I recorded this onto a DVD-R disc and wanted to edit out the commercials. I used CloneDVD mobile to convert the video on this disk to an NTSC MPEG2 file. While using Pinnacle Studio to edit out the commercials, I noticed that 'PAL VIDEO' was being displayed on the toolbar. I continued anyway and squeezed the video onto a disk using Nero Recode.

Problem: My Panasonic DMR-ES25 DVD player says this disk is incompatible however it plays fine in my computer.

Attachments

• CloneDVD mobile.jpg
    CloneDVD mobile.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4
The disc is probably still in PAL format and you're playing it on an NTSC player.

The point is that I had selected NTSC. Why did this happen?

My original material was NTSC. I selected NTSC for the conversion using CloneDVD mobile. Somehow I apparently got PAL. This is my question.

Most likely you have something set incorrectly in Pinnacle Studio and it's set to convert and output PAL video. Check your settings for that software.

Otherwise; in a rare case... if by football you are referring to Football (international) and not Foot Ball (American) AND you're in the US there's a possibility that the video was broadcast (and recorded) in PAL and the tuner-box was converting (dropping frames) the video to NTSC. Some digital cable services do this (i.e. Charter/TW).

I checked every setting I could find in my Pinnacle software and could only find the NTSC options checked. The recorded material was the ACC championship game recorded on a COMCAST DVR. I suspected that it might be a CloneDVD mobile error since the option I checked was "Generic WMV/WMA (experimental)" to rip the video in the first place.

Thanks for providing suggestions!

Back