• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

P90X Workout DVD some won't rip

If anydvd was running then rootkit won't be able to install, Since anydvd disable autrun. Provided OP had running everytime disc was inserted.

That is correct, but if it wasn't, the rootkit does get installed. Since most people copy using AnyDVD + ClonDVD or the other well known ripper, disabling autorun really isn't necessary since these programs don't process it. I never had to have autorun disabled until I ran into the Insanity rootkit.

az_raiden

PS - I don't work for Slysoft, but I do want the original poster to know, that it's 99.999999% likely that AnyDVD is NOT the problem. I have imaged the entire sets of P90X, P90X Plus and Insanity, all 27 DVDs, and the only problems I had were extremely scratched DVDs and the Insanity rootkit. Even the structural copy protection that Insanity started putting on their DVDs as of #06/CARDIO ABS, did not cause any problems with AnyDVD.

Last edited:
Yes, but....

Thank you Mike ... here is the log.

Also, the copy fails with the error that most modern encrypted DVDs fail on;
Cannot copy - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I did not mean to accuse you wrongly but certain properties in this scenario raise some questions and from experience caused me to have second thoughts.

A 1-layer disc is extremely rare for a commercially-produced disc and CRC errors are not protections. If you look into CRC errors you'll see this is a control mechanism used in data transfer in place since the very first operating system was released. It's a check of integrity after a block of data is transferred, be it read or write. CRC errors normally point to a poorly done brute-force burn, defective disc surface or a weak burn in a marginal drive.

I made a successful back up of all but one of the P90X DVDs back in May 2010 with whichever version of AnyDVD was out at the time. Couldn't get the one to rip no matter what however I just figured it was a manufacturing issue as all the others worked just fine.

No, Its CSS not bad media

I did not mean to accuse you wrongly but certain properties in this scenario raise some questions and from experience caused me to have second thoughts.

A 1-layer disc is extremely rare for a commercially-produced disc and CRC errors are not protections. If you look into CRC errors you'll see this is a control mechanism used in data transfer in place since the very first operating system was released. It's a check of integrity after a block of data is transferred, be it read or write. CRC errors normally point to a poorly done brute-force burn, defective disc surface or a weak burn in a marginal drive.

Thanks Frank. Just let me say to all of those that feel compelled to tell me how data is written: I have been in IT for over 27 years and had to low level format MFM and RLL drives. Trust me I have a complete understanding of how data is written to all kinds of devices.

Here is what I did:
I took a known defective DVD (visible defects on the surface) and tried to copy the folder with windows, tried to copy it with IMGBURN and attempted to have AnyDvd create a backup. All failed with sector not found errors.

I then took a DVD that has the content scramble method of encryption commonly referred to as CSS. When I tried to copy the folders I got CRC errors at 88%. Same thing with IMGBURN/DVD Decrypter/Shrink. AnyDvd was able to back up the disk without an issue.

I am not going to accept "bad disk" as an answer. I have 100% success rate getting past those CRC errors with hundreds of DVDs with AnyDvd. 100% until I tried to backup P90.

Also, I scanned for Rootdisk and anything else that could be the problem.

The final proof for me the ANYDVD is the issue is that I used Windows to copy the folders off the DVD with AnyDvd active. The copy worked great! I then attemped to create an ISO from the folders but guess what? At 88% I got CRC errors reading the folders created by Any Dvd.

Still not convinced? I used a widely known competitor and performed the same test and ripped the ISO from the folder. So this tells me that AnyDvd is not completely removing the encryption while the competing product did.

I still like AnyDvd better because it works well with DVD decrypter/shrink.
My solution, I bought the $40 version of P90, that is the ligher workout. I would never be able to the insane version while travelling and with all this hassle the 40 bucks was well worth it.

My final test would be to use the competing product to backup my p90 disks. I will give an update when I try that.

The reason I don't mention the other product is that it would be fair to SlySoft. I will say this, SlySoft needs to do some more testing and the support people need to stop blaming the media when the product simply cant get past the latest CSS encryption. Thanks.

Back