• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

P90X Workout DVD some won't rip

kcwenndt

This is the log file from P90X - Yoga X. The DVD aborts about half way through ripping the DVD to the hard drive. Help!

I tried another disc for Shoulders & Arms and got the same messages
Shoulder & Arms

On title set 4
I get the following message
FileIO3 VTS_04_1.VOB 3262873614336
After I click ok
In another window: WARNING: All files in directory.... will be deleted!
Y or N

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.8.0_Info_D_UNDEFINED.zip
    406.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This is the log file from P90X - Yoga X. The DVD aborts about half way through ripping the DVD to the hard drive. Help!

Looks like a dirty and / or defective disc and / or drive to me.

I can play the dvd in the drive but it will not copy it. Beside I just got them and some of them were not used more than 1 or 2 times

Last edited:
Really , are you kidding?

Looks like a dirty and / or defective disc and / or drive to me.

I am tired of seeing that response. I paid good money for the P90X and I dont want to travel with my original disks. I also paid good money for AnyDVD.

The disks are NEW! I have not made it past disk1 for workouts. Every disk fails at 77% so don't sit there and tell me all the disks have a defect in the same place.

It is well known that one of the copy protection methods is to spoof a disk error with data gaps. It is obvious that the Slysoft has yet to break this encryption and I am eager to know when they will.

If anyone has any "usefull" advice please post it. If you want claim dirty or defective disk please, dont!

Why not download and install VSO Inspector. Then with AnyDVD running insert one of the DVDs that giving problem and use VSO inspector to do a surface scan. Any errors means bad disc as the P90x, Insanity and other workout DVDs are mass produced and cheaply made and doing a forum search using P90x or Insanity would reveal this

Ticked off!!

Why not download and install VSO Inspector. Then with AnyDVD running insert one of the DVDs that giving problem and use VSO inspector to do a surface scan. Any errors means bad disc as the P90x, Insanity and other workout DVDs are mass produced and cheaply made and doing a forum search using P90x or Insanity would reveal this

Again, blaming the disk! Every disk fails at 77% ! The intro disk worked just fine even though it was copy protected. They just did not bother applying the extra encryption.

So if the so called "cheap" DVDs all had the same defect in the same place I guess they used a "quality" DVD for the intro DVD. I am not buying it, besides not a blip when played on the PC or my DVD player.

I am feeling ripped off and will call my CC company and challenge the charges unless I get a satisfactory answer. I don't need a fix, just better support. I paid for that as part of the price and so far have got nothing except bad advice.

You're moaning in the wrong place then, this is a user-to-user forum. We'll help you if we can and want to. With your tone that you are using don't be suprised that nobody wants to help.

Please contact Slysoft directly.

I am feeling ripped off and will call my CC company and challenge the charges unless I get a satisfactory answer. I don't need a fix, just better support. I paid for that as part of the price and so far have got nothing except bad advice.

Just ask SlySoft support for a refund. Much easier.

Just ask SlySoft support for a refund. Much easier.

I would prefer to just get an honest answer James. It is frustrating when you explain the issue and get the same response. Thanks for your time.

Looks like a bootlegged copy to me

You don't have to get aggressive.

I am pretty sure I had this in support and I asked for a log but no matter.

The log data shows me something about these discs that waves some flags at me:

They are single-layer and region-free/U], a most unusual thing for a commercially-produced DVD.

and:

Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Media is region free.

Video DVD (or CD) label: UNDEFINED as its title is also waving a flag at me.

Without you going ballistic can you enlighten me where you got these discs?

And, for your edification, DVDs of dubious source CAN fail in peculiar ways and often in the same place.

And also: never confuse playing with reading.

Playing = dump a load of rocks off a truck
Reading= land a plane at night in a snowstorm

Get the picture?

Now, tell me where these discs came from, please.

And also, for your future use, FILEIO3 = PERMANENT READ ERROR!!!

No program on the planet can compensate for such an error if this adheres to the 100% data rule in Windows.

"File IO 3" means the drive doesn't respond anymore and there are permanent READ errors.

Do not confuse this with playing the disc. That's not the same thing.

It stops on a sector, without progressing. If there is no data coming from the drive to decrypt,AnyDVD cannot continue decrypting.

This usually happens with a defective disc (scratch or a production error beneath the coated surface).

Insert the DVD. Open the Windows Explorer (Windows + E key). Navigate/browse to the DVD drive.

Copy the Video_TS folder somewhere to your hard drive.

Wait until the copy process is done. This give the DVD drive the chance to retry damaged sectors a few times.

If it was successful, open CloneDVD or your burning program and let it read from that folder on the hard drive.

This minimizes read errors during the trans-coding process.

When you encounter such a message in the future, don't simply click it away.
Instead eject and reinsert the DVD, if necessary several times. Eventually the drive will get across the erroneous sector.

Note: if this procedure does not work, Windows itself will post an error message on its own, not AnyDVD.
To mean, the READ error is recognized by the Windows Operating System, so in this case you can forget trying to get the data off this disc on your machine

i hope this helps. i actually made personal copies of the P90X set. All i needed was AnyDvd to decrypt. I just made a copy using Nero. Never had to use CloneDvd. Again, i did the whole set this way.

Thanks

i hope this helps. i actually made personal copies of the P90X set. All i needed was AnyDvd to decrypt. I just made a copy using Nero. Never had to use CloneDvd. Again, i did the whole set this way.

Good to know, really. Thanks 8)

Could you supply Logfiles for the problematic discs. Thanks.

Thank you Mike ... here is the log.

Frank, I am working on your suggestion but the first thing I do is try to copy the DVD with IMGBURN, second thing I try to copy the folders off the DVD to my hard drive. If that all fails I try dvddecrypter or dvdshrink. I only go with AnyDVD if those methods fail.
The reason I am aggresive is because I tired of people telling me it is a bad disk or bootlegged! I explained more than once that all the disks fail at the same point. The guy that copied the disks had bootleggs that is for sure.

Also, the copy fails with the error that most modern encrypted DVDs fail on;
Cannot copy - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I am sorry that you feel I am too aggressive but up until Mike asking me for a log file I have been told I have bad DVDs. You suggestion of bootlegged copies does not help. Not to mention at least one other user is having the same problem. Also, I don't appreciate being spoken to like a pure novice. I know how to properly detect a defective or bootlegged DVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.8.0_Info_D_UNDEFINED.zip
    397.1 KB · Views: 7
Ok let me explain you in other words. When disc are made for mass production companies are always trying to make profit. In these cases they give disc for mass production to lowest bider. Who may not be using quality media.

When you play the disc there are some areas of the disc which are never read and for other areas there is either backup file or error correction block or both which player uses to fix if there is problem. For example let say you were playing the disc if there is bad area on the disc, player will first try to read error correction block to see if it can recover from that problem. If fails it then it either skip over it or throw error on screen. It is worth to note error correction block fix many error if not all.

A little background how data is stored on DVD Video disc, each DVD sector contains 2,418 bytes of data, 2,048 bytes (2KB) of which are user data or space which user can use. There is a small difference in storage space between + and - (hyphen) formats though. Remaining space is where error correction data is stored. The eaxmple I took was from DVD-ROM media.

When we copy it is different story, it has to read everything. As a result since you are getting error at 77% what is happening what ever sector it was reading at that time was bad or would be almost getting bad. However when you play when same situation is encountered then player uses Error correction to fix it. It all happens in real time as well. So when you play you don't notice error, however there are there and then one says disc is prefect since it plays fine, which is meaningless.

This is why disc can be played but not copied at times. Also this method is used on all DVD-Rom. If you think what I said is not correct then read offical guideline which talk about DVD-rom standard and how it should be done.

Also when you read dvd on your computer it is done differently then on player. In computer drive it want to read everything good or bad. However standalone player can skip or use error correction. Also when you play on computer it actually does samething as standalone player will do. Since player only request specific sector only and if drive has trouble then it is software player which uses ecc method to fix it.

However since anydvd is not doing either method that's why it says there is error or even windows would do the same thing. Point is player which plays like cyberlink powerdvd or standalone uses error correction when playing disc to keep the impact of bad sectors bare minimum while playing.

Also ECC is present at blu-ray, HDDVD and DVD as well.

Here is data layout, the number on top indicate number of bytes used by that area. If you add them they will become 2344 bytes. (Do not add 8 bytes which are zero) You will left with 74 byte which would free. Reason for this because of the way disc is formatted.

Attachments

• Data Layout on disc.JPG
    Data Layout on disc.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The Insanity fitness videos install a rootkit that prevents the DVDs from being copied. If you've already inserted an Insanity fitness video into you PC DVD drive, then you're automatically infected by the autorun. The rootkit files on the DVD loaded by the autorun are: PSPRD22I.EXE and RGASDEV.SYS. This rootkit remains on the PC. I'm not sure if it causes problems with other video DVDs such as the P90X ones-if so, this may be the reason why you can't copy the P90X DVDs. You have to disable the autorun in AnyDVD's settings to bypass the rootkit. If you're already infected, then you need to do a rootkit scan and get rid of it. Be advised you may have to reinstall Windows to completely get rid of it, like I had to.

I too have used VSO Inspector to do a surface scan, and this is a great program. It not only scans the surface and reveals problem sectors, but also reads the files and lets you know of any file system problems. A problem sector may need to be read several times to be successful, but the file system scan is there to see if the sector read is really giving up the correct information.

None of these DVDs have any protection other than Insanity. So read failures are as everyone has said before, poorly manufactured disc, or, the rootkit problem.

az_raiden

If anydvd was running then rootkit won't be able to install, Since anydvd disable autrun. Provided OP had running everytime disc was inserted.

One of the posters says he uses AnyDVD as a last resort - so it might not have been running at time of first insertion. (his bad).

And as for defective disks, while that may or may not be the case here, most defects do not prevent a disk from playing, and usually are on the same place on mass produced disks. 99% of the problems here do indeed come down to user error - or a defective disk.

-W

Clams explain well why disc can't be copied when they have error and I have explained why disc can be played even though there are errors.

Just for fun sake have you ever thought why 4.7 GB media can be written max of 4.37 GB why not 4.7GB. It's because of ecc.

Cd contain ECC as well to except audio cd which doesn't .

Last edited:
Back