• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Overlord *new securom 7*

sickley

i'm having troubles getting overlord to run with autolaunch enabled. it works fine without autolaunch. but if i use autolaunch i get securom errors... :doh:

1. 2.9.18.565 driver 2.9.18.555
2. Overlord
3. out of box
4. DVD
5. region 1
6. securom 7.21 (as per protection ID)
7. XP Pro 32 bit SP1
8. Dual Core AMD Opteron 4800+
9. automatic
10. Lite-on SOHW-1693S Firmware:KS06

**EDITED!!!**

Last edited:
what sort of errors? the messagebox things? if so, what codes are reported

A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (5024).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=5024 for further, more detailed information.

also, i scanned it with protection id and it claims the game is securom 7.21
however i have some games that are 7.2x that work fine so i assume that it IS 7.3xx anyway

This message is related to sysinternal's process explorer. If Game Jackal was detected, it would have been

A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (12110).

Do you have process explorer running, or any other sysinternals application?
Another test, what happens if you close GJ and then start the game?

i do have proc explorer installed but not running. will task manager cause this?

and running the game with out game jackal is not a problem, like i said the game runs fine when i dont use autolaunch so i assume that it is somehow related to game jackal.

The unfortunate fact is the even after you have shutdown process explorer, Securom will still display this message (the only remedy is to reboot)... most annoying as process explorer is a tool used by many people.

thats a sysinternals/microsoft problem, their drivers simply dont have an unload mechanism, so the problem of having to reboot is caused by them...same with filemon and regmon... so net stop procexp etc wont work...

ok, im just going to delete it then. any system registry key's i need to delete as well? (regedit)

Last edited:
Back