• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Output file gets erazed automatically - why???

adrian142

I have a problem while using "iPod touch HQ High Vol by Babounet" with CloneDVDMobile.

Each time the generated video seems to be deleted automatically at the end of the process.

I've tried for the fourth time now.

When I start, everything seems to work and the output file grows steady. But when it is finished it seems to be erazed at one. Even an undelete tool tells me that it cannot be unerazed.

What's that?

I don't really know my problem is really tied to "iPod touch HQ High Vol by Babounet", but it's weird.

Can anybody help`?

Best regards,
-Adrian

I have a problem while using "iPod touch HQ High Vol by Babounet" with CloneDVDMobile.

Each time the generated video/output file seems to be deleted automatically at the end of the process.

I've tried for the fourth time now. And after a 2 hours wait that is very frustrating.

When I start, everything seems to work and the output file grows steady. But when it is finished it seems to be erazed at once.

Even an undelete tool tells me that it cannot be unerazed.

What's that?

I don't really know my problem is really tied to "iPod touch HQ High Vol by Babounet", but it's weird.

Can anybody help`?

Best regards,
-Adrian

Each time the generated video seems to be deleted automatically at the end of the process.

I've tried for the fourth time now.

When I start, everything seems to work and the output file grows steady. But when it is finished it seems to be erazed at one. Even an undelete tool tells me that it cannot be unerazed.

What's that?

Can anybody help`?

Best regards,
-Adrian
Specify a folder on your hard drive for the file output, then transfer it to your device. Don't use an existing file name. The profile is irrelevant - this is something to do with how / where you are pointing the output file.

I did so (specified a folder and a new filename) but it dos not help.
Not that I cannot produce results with CloneDVDMobile... but that's when I use other profiles as the supplied (Touch).

I did so (specified a folder and a new filename) but it dos not help.
Not that I cannot produce results with CloneDVDMobile... but that's when I use other profiles as the supplied (Touch).
That doesn't seem right. Try pointing it to a usb drive and see what happens.

Also, I don't see that profile in devices.ini - please post it here.

Last edited:
It's the one we are talking about in this thread (look above).

But I can post it here aswell:

Code:
[iPod touch HQ High Vol by Babounet]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
ABRate=320
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=30
MaxVBitrate=1000
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=20
Remux=2642MP4

It's the one we are talking about in this thread (look above).

But I can post it here aswell:

Code:
[iPod touch HQ High Vol by Babounet]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
ABRate=320
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=30
MaxVBitrate=1000
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=20
Remux=2642MP4
Did you insert a correct version in your devices.ini? The original profile posted was incorrect because it was not wrapped in code tags (I know you did that in your quoted reply, how about in your devices.ini?) The code tag wrapped version is ok.

Did you try outputting to a usb drive?

I use the correct version in my devices.ini. :agree:

I am just trying to put the file on an USB drive.
Will post my results soon. Just wait a moment. :)

Each time the generated video/output file seems to be deleted automatically at the end of the process.

I've tried for the fourth time now. And after a 2 hours wait that is very frustrating.

When I start, everything seems to work and the output file grows steady. But when it is finished it seems to be erazed at once.

Even an undelete tool tells me that it cannot be unerazed.

What's that?

Can anybody help`?

Best regards,
-Adrian
Please don't post multiple threads. Stay in the one you are getting help in already!

I tried now the following:
Used the "normal" Touch profile and started the conversion process on the USB drive. Cancelled after two minutes of conversion and the file was there on the USB drive.

Then I started again using the "HQ profile" and interrupted at the same position. And the file became deleted from the USB drive at once.

Then I tried to copy the "HQ profile" file during the generation process, what worked. But when I open it, it only displays a grey background and no images.

I tried now the following:
Used the "normal" Touch profile and started the conversion process on the USB drive. Cancelled after two minutes of conversion and the file was there on the USB drive.

Then I started again using the "HQ profile" and interrupted at the same position. And the file became deleted from the USB drive at once.

Then I tried to copy the "HQ profile" file during the generation process, what worked. But when I open it, it only displays a grey background and no images.
Do you have an H264 decoder on your system? This is very strange.

Do you have an H264 decoder on your system? This is very strange.

How can I verify if I have such an decoder on my system?

I did not really care for the decoders, because I thought that they are supplied with CloneDVDMobile automatically.

And because I do not get any error message from the program....

I just tried to convert an other, smaller file and at the moment the conversion process ended (when CloneDVDMObile pops up the success.message) the file disappears from the USB drive and is gone.

And when I say gone, I mean totally gone.

The Undelete program I use, sees the file but it tells me that the output file cannot be undeleted because it has been totally destroyed.

Very, very strange...:doh:

How can I verify if I have such an decoder on my system?

I did not really care for the decoders, because I thought that they are supplied with CloneDVDMobile automatically.

And because I do not get any error message from the program....
You need an H264 decoder to create files using H264. I had to buy CoreAVCDecoder to be able to create H264 files with CloneDvdMobile (you are using a non-standard profile). There are free options available - try this one:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/LEAD-H-264-Video-Codec-Download-41330.html
Install that and try again.

You need an H264 decoder to create files using H264. I had to buy CoreAVCDecoder to be able to create H264 files with CloneDvdMobile (you are using a non-standard profile). There are free options available - try this one:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/LEAD-H-264-Video-Codec-Download-41330.html
Install that and try again.
I added that profile to my devices.ini and it works fine - see image below:
attachment.php

I'm signing off for tonight - will check back tomorrow - make sure you put an H264 decoder on your system before trying again.

Attachments

• babounet001.jpg
    babounet001.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 20
Have just installed the suggested decoder pack.

Conversion is under way right now.
Is 21 minutes conversion time for a 2 minute file not a bit long? :confused:

If anyone else has a good and working profile for an iPod Touch 2nd generation than it would be OK for me, too.

I am not tied to the "HQ profile" that seems to be the cause for the problems.

Have just installed the suggested decoder pack.

Conversion is under way right now.
Is 21 minutes conversion time for a 2 minute file not a bit long? :confused:

If anyone else has a good and working profile for an iPod Touch 2nd generation than it would be OK for me, too.

i am not tied to the "HQ profile" that seems to be the cause for the problems.
Time depends on your system - my test file (5 minutes) took less than 2 minutes on an E4500@2.7GHz Core2Duo/2GB PC5400.

If it is taking longer maybe it means it is working ;)

Edit: I'll stay up a bit longer for your response on this latest test ;)
Edit2: 21 minutes is up - see you tomorrow! :)

Last edited:
same issue

Same issue over here. Tried the same movie 3 times. First was in AVI format and worked (although no 5.1 sound). The next two did not work. It went though the process but the file, which I did see in the folder I pointed the program to go to during the rip, was not there when it was over. The two that did not work Dvix and Apple Ipod touch

Back