• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Optiarc AD-5170A 1.13

RPLC1976

Hi folks

Really hope someone can help as this is now driving me mad!!

The other day I quickly plugged in a 500 gig IDE disk on to the same ribbon as my DVD drive. I only wanted to FDISK it and format it and then put it back into another PC. I did this without any problems.

I then went to reboot my PC and it now doesn't read any DVD's whatsoever. I have re-installed the drivers, even flashed the drive but no joy. I've checked that DMA is ticked in the device manager (Vista).

What seems very strange is that if I have a DVD in the drive when Windows boots, it takes an ages and once logged in, it runs like a dog until I eject the DVD then it runs fine :confused:

I checked the BIOS and tried changing the DMA and PIO setting but this hasn't made any difference.

Also, when I put a DVD in, AnyDVD pops up saying that it is reading the DVD but then nothing happens.

I'm quite sure that the drive is okay as I was using it moments before putting this IDE disk in.

Please can someone offer any advise or help at all?

Thanks

I've just upgraded the firmware to 1.14 and rebooted, the PC was able to read a DVD and start playing it for a few minutes then it just started to stutter. So I rebooted again and now I'm back to square one, It doesn't see any DVD I insert.

I can boot from my Vista DVD so It's okay hardware wise, I would have thought.

Any ideas?

:-(

One other quick thing:

I have found hundreds of warnings in the system event viewer

"An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation."

?!?!?

How were the drives jumpered when you connected both to the same IDE cable? If both were not CS....you probably damaged the optical drive.

I can't remember how to drives where jumpered but what I did late on last night was just swap out the IDE cable with another spare one I had. Not sure if it was 40 or 80 pin andhey presto everything looks much better now.

Thanks

Just out of interest how could I damage the DVD drive by having the jumpers incorrect?

Back